The determinants of bank loan recovery rates
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1984. "Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Methods: Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 681-700, May.
- Hans Gersbach & Alexander Lipponer, 2003. "Firm Defaults and the Correlation Effect," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(3), pages 361-378.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1988. " Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 567-591, July.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1992.
" Liquidation Values and Debt Capacity: A Market Equilibrium Approach,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1343-1366, September.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1992. "Liquidation Values and Debt Capacity: A Market Equilibrium Approach," Scholarly Articles 27692663, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Daniel M. Covitz & Song Han, 2004. "An empirical analysis of bond recovery rates: exploring a structural view of default," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Philip E. Strahan, 1999. "Borrower risk and the price and nonprice terms of bank loans," Staff Reports 90, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jokivuolle, Esa & Peura, Samu, 2000. "A model for estimating recovery rates and collateral haircuts for bank loans," Research Discussion Papers 2/2000, Bank of Finland.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(4), Winter.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Xin Guo & Robert A. Jarrow & Yan Zeng, 2009. "Modeling The Recovery Rate In A Reduced Form Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(1), pages 73-97.
- Edward I. Altman & Brooks Brady & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2005. "The Link between Default and Recovery Rates: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2203-2228, November.
- Robert A. Jarrow & David Lando & Stuart M. Turnbull, 2008.
"A Markov Model for the Term Structure of Credit Risk Spreads,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 18, pages 411-453
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jarrow, Robert A & Lando, David & Turnbull, Stuart M, 1997. "A Markov Model for the Term Structure of Credit Risk Spreads," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 481-523.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilson, Stuart C., 1990. "Bankruptcy, boards, banks, and blockholders : Evidence on changes in corporate ownership and control when firms default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 355-387, October.
- Franks, Julian R. & Torous, Walter N., 1994. "A comparison of financial recontracting in distressed exchanges and chapter 11 reorganizations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 349-370, June.
- Maretno Harjoto & Donald J. Mullineaux & Ha-Chin Yi, 2006. "A Comparison of Syndicated Loan Pricing at Investment and Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 49-70, December.
- Grunert, Jens & Weber, Martin, 2009. "Recovery rates of commercial lending: Empirical evidence for German companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 505-513, March.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Bharath, Sreedhar T. & Srinivasan, Anand, 2007. "Does industry-wide distress affect defaulted firms? Evidence from creditor recoveries," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 787-821, September.
- Eberhart, Allan C & Sweeney, Richard J, 1992. " Does the Bond Market Predict Bankruptcy Settlements?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 943-980, July.
- Rajan, Raghuram & Winton, Andrew, 1995. " Covenants and Collateral as Incentives to Monitor," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1113-1146, September.
- Thorburn, Karin S., 2000. "Bankruptcy auctions: costs, debt recovery, and firm survival," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 337-368, December.
- Aron A. Gottesman & Gordon S. Roberts, 2004. "Maturity and Corporate Loan Pricing," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 39(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Zhang, Zhipeng, 2009. "Recovery Rates and Macroeconomic Conditions: The Role of Loan Covenants," MPRA Paper 17521, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilson, Stuart C. & John, Kose & Lang, Larry H. P., 1990. "Troubled debt restructurings*1: An empirical study of private reorganization of firms in default," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 315-353, October.
- Jon Frye, 2000. "Depressing recoveries," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Oct.
- Ivailo Izvorski, 1997. "Recovery Ratios and Survival Times for Corporate Bonds," IMF Working Papers 97/84, International Monetary Fund.
- Stefano Caselli & Stefano Gatti & Francesca Querci, 2008. "The Sensitivity of the Loss Given Default Rate to Systematic Risk: New Empirical Evidence on Bank Loans," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-34, August.
- Das, Sanjiv R. & Hanouna, Paul, 2009. "Implied recovery," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1837-1857, November.
- Daniel M. Covitz & Song Han & Beth Anne Wilson, 2006. "Are longer bankruptcies really more costly?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2006-27, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dermine, J. & de Carvalho, C. Neto, 2006. "Bank loan losses-given-default: A case study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1219-1243, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nithi Sopitpongstorn & Param Silvapulle & Jiti Gao, 2017. "Local logit regression for recovery rate," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 19/17, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Yao, Xiao & Crook, Jonathan & Andreeva, Galina, 2015. "Support vector regression for loss given default modelling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 528-538.
- Yao, Xiao & Crook, Jonathan & Andreeva, Galina, 2017. "Is it obligor or instrument that explains recovery rate: Evidence from US corporate bond," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 1-15.
- Mora, Nada, 2015.
"Creditor recovery: The macroeconomic dependence of industry equilibrium,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 172-186.
- Nada Mora, 2013. "Creditor recovery: the macroeconomic dependence of industry equilibrium," Research Working Paper RWP 13-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Peter-Hendrik Ingermann & Frederik Hesse & Christian Bélorgey & Andreas Pfingsten, 2016. "The recovery rate for retail and commercial customers in Germany: a look at collateral and its adjusted market values," Business Research, Springer;German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 9(2), pages 179-228, August.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:446-461 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:263:y:2017:i:2:p:679-689 is not listed on IDEAS
- Norden, Lars & van Kampen, Stefan, 2013. "Corporate leverage and the collateral channel," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5062-5072.
- repec:wsi:ijtafx:v:20:y:2017:i:04:n:s0219024917500236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bolt, Wilko & de Haan, Leo & Hoeberichts, Marco & van Oordt, Maarten R.C. & Swank, Job, 2012. "Bank profitability during recessions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2552-2564.
- Christophe Hurlin & Jérémy Leymarie & Antoine Patin, 2018. "Loss functions for LGD model comparison," Working Papers halshs-01516147, HAL.
- Fenech, Jean Pierre & Yap, Ying Kai & Shafik, Salwa, 2016. "Modelling the recovery outcomes for defaulted loans: A survival analysis approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 79-82.
- repec:kap:rqfnac:v:49:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11156-016-0613-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Ellis Kofi, Akwaa-Sekyi & Portia, Bosompra, 2015. "Determinants of business loan default in Ghana," MPRA Paper 71961, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ellen Tobback & David Martens & Tony Van Gestel & Bart Baesens, 2014. "Forecasting Loss Given Default models: impact of account characteristics and the macroeconomic state," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 65(3), pages 376-392, March.
- Lu, Meng-Jou & Chen, Cathy Yi-Hsuan & Härdle, Karl Wolfgang & Härdle, 2015. "Copula-Based Factor Model for Credit Risk Analysis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2015-042, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsRecovery rates; Ultimate recoveries; Loss given default; Credit risk;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:36:y:2012:i:4:p:923-933. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.