The Sensitivity of the Loss Given Default Rate to Systematic Risk: New Empirical Evidence on Bank Loans
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward I. Altman & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2002. "The link between default and recovery rates: effects on the procyclicality of regulatory capital ratios," BIS Working Papers 113, Bank for International Settlements.
- Edward I. Altman & Brooks Brady & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2005. "The Link between Default and Recovery Rates: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2203-2228, November.
- Düllmann, Klaus & Trapp, Monika, 2004. "Systematic Risk in Recovery Rates: An Empirical Analysis of US Corporate Credit Exposures," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2004,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Jon Frye, 2000. "Depressing recoveries," Emerging Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Oct.
- Dermine, J. & de Carvalho, C. Neto, 2006. "Bank loan losses-given-default: A case study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1219-1243, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ethan Cohen-Cole, 2007. "Asset liquidity, debt valuation and credit risk," Supervisory Research and Analysis Working Papers QAU07-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Yao, Xiao & Crook, Jonathan & Andreeva, Galina, 2017. "Is it obligor or instrument that explains recovery rate: Evidence from US corporate bond," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 1-15.
- González, Marta Ramos & Ureña, Antonio Partal & Fernández-Aguado, Pilar Gómez, 2018. "Proposal on ELBE and LGD in-default: tackling capital requirements after the financial crisis," Working Paper Series 2165, European Central Bank.
- Dermine, J. & Neto de Carvalho, C., 2008. "Bank loan-loss provisioning, central bank rules vs. estimation: The case of Portugal," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Khieu, Hinh D. & Mullineaux, Donald J. & Yi, Ha-Chin, 2012. "The determinants of bank loan recovery rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 923-933.
- Betz, Jennifer & Krüger, Steffen & Kellner, Ralf & Rösch, Daniel, 2020. "Macroeconomic effects and frailties in the resolution of non-performing loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Hong Wang & Catherine S. Forbes & Jean-Pierre Fenech & John Vaz, 2018. "The determinants of bank loan recovery rates in good times and bad - new evidence," Papers 1804.07022, arXiv.org.
- Helmut Elsinger & Alfred Lehar & Martin Summer, 2006. "Risk Assessment for Banking Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(9), pages 1301-1314, September.
- Tomas Konecny & Jakub Seidler & Aelta Belyaeva & Konstantin Belyaev, 2017.
"The Time Dimension of the Links Between Loss Given Default and the Macroeconomy,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 67(6), pages 462-491, October.
- Seidler, Jakub & Konečný, Tomáš & Belyaeva, Aelita & Belyaev, Konstantin, 2017. "The time dimension of the links between loss given default and the macroeconomy," Working Paper Series 2037, European Central Bank.
- Mora, Nada, 2015.
"Creditor recovery: The macroeconomic dependence of industry equilibrium,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 172-186.
- Nada Mora, 2013. "Creditor recovery: the macroeconomic dependence of industry equilibrium," Research Working Paper RWP 13-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Morone, Marco & Cornaglia, Anna, 2010. "An econometric model to quantify benchmark downturn LGD on residential mortgages," MPRA Paper 25588, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gürtler, Marc & Hibbeln, Martin, 2013. "Improvements in loss given default forecasts for bank loans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2354-2366.
- Maclachlan, Iain C, 2007. "An empirical study of corporate bond pricing with unobserved capital structure dynamics," MPRA Paper 28416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruche, Max & González-Aguado, Carlos, 2010.
"Recovery rates, default probabilities, and the credit cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 754-764, April.
- Bruche, Max & Gonzalez-Aguado, Carlos, 2006. "Recovery rates, default probabilities and the credit cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24524, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Max Bruche & Carlos González-Aguado, 2006. "Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities and the Credit Cycle," Working Papers wp2006_0612, CEMFI.
- Carlos González-Aguado & Max Bruche, 2006. "Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities and the Credit Cycle," FMG Discussion Papers dp572, Financial Markets Group.
- Liuren Wu & Frank X. Zhang, 2005. "A no-arbitrage analysis of economic determinants of the credit spread term structure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-59, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chiang, Shu Ling & Yang, Tyler T. & Tsai, Ming Shann, 2016. "Assessing mortgage servicing rights using a reduced-form model: Considering the effects of interest rate risks, prepayment and default risks, and random state variables," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 29-46.
- Mark S. Carey & Michael B. Gordy, 2016. "The Bank as Grim Reaper : Debt Composition and Bankruptcy Thresholds," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-069, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Wang, Hong & Forbes, Catherine S. & Fenech, Jean-Pierre & Vaz, John, 2020. "The determinants of bank loan recovery rates in good times and bad – New evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 177(C), pages 875-897.
- Gürtler, Marc & Heithecker, Dirk, 2004. "Modellkonsistente Bestimmung des LGD im IRB-Ansatz von Basel II," Working Papers FW08V3, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute of Finance.
- Alexander Becker & Alexander F. R. Koivusalo & Rudi Schafer, 2012. "Empirical Evidence for the Structural Recovery Model," Papers 1203.3188, arXiv.org.
More about this item
KeywordsLoss given default rate; Bank loans; Systematic risk; New Basel Capital Accord; G21; G28;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:34:y:2008:i:1:p:1-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.