Do banks overstate their Value-at-Risk?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Sean D. Campbell, 2005. "A review of backtesting and backtesting procedures," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-21, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2005.
- Leippold, Markus & Trojani, Fabio & Vanini, Paolo, 2006. "Equilibrium impact of value-at-risk regulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1277-1313, August.
- Basak, Suleyman & Shapiro, Alexander, 2001.
"Value-at-Risk-Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 371-405.
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, "undated". "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 6-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Suleyman Basak & Alexander Shapiro, 1999. "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-032, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Suleyman Basak & Alex Shapiro, "undated". "Value-at-Risk Based Risk Management: Optimal Policies and Asset Prices," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 06-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Christoffersen, Peter, 2011. "Elements of Financial Risk Management," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123744487.
- M.J.B. Hall, 1996.
"The amendment to the capital accord to incorporate market risk,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(197), pages 271-277.
- M.J.B. Hall, 1996. "The amendment to the capital accord to incorporate market risk," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 49(197), pages 271-277.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean‐Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228, July.
- Philippe Jorion, 2007. "Bank Trading Risk and Systemic Risk," NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 29-58, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Darryll Hendricks & Beverly Hirtle, 1997. "Bank capital requirements for market risk: the internal models approach," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 3(Dec), pages 1-12.
- James M. O'Brien & Jeremy Berkowitz, 2007. "Estimating Bank Trading Risk. A Factor Model Approach," NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 59-102, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Christoffersen, 2004.
"Backtesting Value-at-Risk: A Duration-Based Approach,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(1), pages 84-108.
- Peter Christoffersen & Denis Pelletier, 2003. "Backtesting Value-at-Risk: A Duration-Based Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-05, CIRANO.
- Pérignon, Christophe & Smith, Daniel R., 2010.
"The level and quality of Value-at-Risk disclosure by commercial banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 362-377, February.
- Christophe Perignon & D. Smith, 2009. "The Level and Quality of Value-at-Risk Disclosure by Commercial Banks," Post-Print hal-00496102, HAL.
- Christophe Perignon & Daniel R. Smith, 2010. "The level and quality of Value-at-Risk disclosure by commercial banks," Post-Print hal-00528391, HAL.
- Christoffersen, Peter F, 1998. "Evaluating Interval Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 841-862, November.
- Colleen Cassidy & Marianne Gizycki, 1997. "Measuring Traded Market Risk: Value-at-risk and Backtesting Techniques," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9708, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Con Keating & Hyun Song Shin & Charles Goodhart & Jon Danielsson, 2001. "An Academic Response to Basel II," FMG Special Papers sp130, Financial Markets Group.
- Lucas, Andre, 2001. "Evaluating the Basle Guidelines for Backtesting Banks' Internal Risk Management Models," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(3), pages 826-846, August.
- Cuoco, Domenico & Liu, Hong, 2006. "An analysis of VaR-based capital requirements," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 362-394, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:32:y:2008:i:5:p:783-794. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.