Japanese firms in financial distress and main banks: Analyses of interest-rate premia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mathias Dewatripont & Eric Maskin, 1993. "Centralized credit and long-term investment," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9657, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:fth:harver:1512 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1990.
"The role of banks in reducing the costs of financial distress in Japan,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-88, September.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1990. "The Role of Banks in Reducing the Costs of Financial Distress in Japan," NBER Working Papers 3435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Horiuchi, Akiyoshi & Packer, Frank & Fukuda, Shinichi, 1988. "What role has the "Main Bank" played in Japan?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 159-180, June.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1985. "Credit Markets and the Control of Capital," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 133-152, May.
- Sheard, Paul, 1989. "The main bank system and corporate monitoring and control in Japan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-422, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:mulfin:v:42-43:y:2017:i::p:56-73 is not listed on IDEAS
- Owualah, Sunday I., 2002. "SMEs, borrowing constraints and banking relationships in Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Chan, Chia-Chung & Lin, Bing-Huei & Chang, Yung-Ho & Liao, Wei-Chen, 2013. "Does bank relationship matter for corporate risk-taking? Evidence from listed firms in Taiwan," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 323-338.
- Ono, Arito & Hasumi, Ryo & Hirata, Hideaki, 2014.
"Differentiated use of small business credit scoring by relationship lenders and transactional lenders: Evidence from firm–bank matched data in Japan,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 371-380.
- Arito Ono & Ryo Hasumi & Hideaki Hirata, "undated". "Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from Firm?Bank Matched Data in Japan," Working Paper 164441, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Hasumi, Ryo & Hirata, Hideaki & Ono, Arito, 2012. "Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from Firm-Bank Matched Data in Japan," Working Paper Series 23, Center for Interfirm Network, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- HASUMI Ryo & HIRATA Hideaki & ONO Arito, 2011. "Differentiated Use of Small Business Credit Scoring by Relationship Lenders and Transactional Lenders: Evidence from firm-bank matched data in Japan," Discussion papers 11070, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Bartoli, Francesca & Ferri, Giovanni & Murro, Pierluigi & Rotondi, Zeno, 2013.
"Bank–firm relations and the role of Mutual Guarantee Institutions at the peak of the crisis,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 90-104.
- Francesca Bartoli & Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2011. "Bank-firm relations and the role of Mutual Guarantee Institutions during the crisis," SERIES 0034, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Jan 2011.
- Gower, Luke & Kalirajan, Kali, 1998. "DID Japanese main banks improve the technical efficiencies of their non-financial client firms in the 1980s?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 455-466, October.
- Shin, G. Hwan & Fraser, Donald R. & Kolari, James W., 2003. "How does banking industry consolidation affect bank-firm relationships? Evidence from a large Japanese bank merger," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 285-304, July.
- Ono, Masanori, 2001. "Determinants of Trade Credit in the Japanese Manufacturing Sector," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 160-177, June.
- Francesca Bartoli & Giovanni Ferri & Pierluigi Murro & Zeno Rotondi, 2011. "Soft information and loan supply crisis. Evidence from the credit files of a large bank," Rivista Bancaria - Minerva Bancaria, Istituto di Cultura Bancaria Francesco Parrillo, issue 5-6, november.
- Petr Korab, 2016. "Access to Credit and Unconventional Monetary policy in the Eurozone after the Financial Crisis," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2016-68, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:8:y:1996:i:2:p:175-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.