Political competition and debt trajectories in Japan and the OECD
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto Francesco & Perotti, Roberto & Tavares, Jose, 1998. "The Political Economy of Fiscal Adjustments," Scholarly Articles 12553724, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Yianos Kontopoulos & Roberto Perotti, 1999. "Government Fragmentation and Fiscal Policy Outcomes: Evidence from OECD Countries," NBER Chapters,in: Fiscal Institutions and Fiscal Performance, pages 81-102 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henning Bohn, 1998. "The Behavior of U. S. Public Debt and Deficits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 949-963.
- Sam Peltzman, 1992. "Voters as Fiscal Conservatives," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 327-361.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti & José Tavares, 1998. "The Political Economy of Fiscal Adjustments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 197-266.
- Alberto Alesina & Nouriel Roubini & Gerald D. Cohen, 1997. "Political Cycles and the Macroeconomy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510944, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan Fałkowski & Alessandro Olper, 2014.
"Political competition and policy choices: the evidence from agricultural protection,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 143-158, March.
- Jan Fałkowski & Alessandro Olper, 2012. "Political Competition and Policy Choices: The Evidence From Agricultural Protection," Working Papers 2012-18, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Alt, James E. & Lassen, David Dreyer, 2006. "Fiscal transparency, political parties, and debt in OECD countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1403-1439, August.
- Ricardo Nunes & Davide Debortoli, 2007.
"Political Disagreement, Lack of Commitment and the Level of Debt,"
2007 Meeting Papers
725, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Davide Debortoli & Ricardo Nunes, 2008. "Political disagreement, lack of commitment and the level of debt," International Finance Discussion Papers 938, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ricardo Nunes & Davide Debortoli, 2011. "Political Disagreement, Lack of Commitment and the Level of Debt," 2011 Meeting Papers 127, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Aidt, T.S. & Eterovic, D.S., 2007. "Give and Take: Political Competition, Participation and Public Finance in 20th Century Latin America," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0714, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Karl Farmer, 2006. "Reducing Public Debt under Dynamic Efficiency: Transitional Dynamics in Diamond's OLG Model," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(2), pages 195-208, June.
- Gavoille, Nicolas & Verschelde, Marijn, 2017.
"Electoral competition and political selection: An analysis of the activity of French deputies, 1958–2012,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 180-195.
- Nicolas GAVOILLE & Marijn VERSCHELDE, 2016. "Electoral competition and political selection: An analysis of the activity of French deputies, 1958-2012," Economics Working Paper from Condorcet Center for political Economy at CREM-CNRS 2016-02-ccr, Condorcet Center for political Economy.
- Maria Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2011.
"Political competition and politician quality: evidence from Italian municipalities,"
Springer, vol. 148(3), pages 547-559, September.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2010. "Political Competition And Politician Quality: Evidence From Italian Municipalities," Working Papers 201005, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Martin Ardanaz & Stanislao Maldonado, 2016. "Natural Resource Windfalls and Efficiency of Local Government Expenditures: Evidence from Peru," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 014578, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- K. Terai, 2003. "Electoral alliance and implemented redistribution: an interpretation on non-competitive politics of Japan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 235-238.
- Aidt, Toke S. & Eterovic, Dalibor S., 2011. "Political competition, electoral participation and public finance in 20th century Latin America," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 181-200, March.
- Bardhan, Pranab & Yang, Tsung-Tao, 2004. "Political Competition in Economic Perspective," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1907c39n, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:japwor:v:14:y:2002:i:2:p:121-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.