Magna Carta, the rule of law, and the limits on government
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus, 2015. "Magna Carta, the Rule of Law and the Limits on Government," MPRA Paper 69862, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2015.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde, 2015. "Magna Carta, the Rule of Law, and the Limits on Government," PIER Working Paper Archive 15-035, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 15 Oct 2015.
References listed on IDEAS
- -, 2014. "Social Panorama of Latin America 2013," Panorama Social de América Latina, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 36736 edited by Eclac, July.
- Hayek, F. A., 2012. "Hayek on Hayek," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226321202 edited by Kresge, Stephen & Wenar, Leif, April.
- Buchanan, James M, 1987.
"The Constitution of Economic Policy,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 243-250, June.
- Buchanan, James M., 1986. "The Constitution of Economic Policy," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1986-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2013.
"Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(S1), pages 173-202.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2009. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," Working Papers 1165, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2009. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," Working Papers 1178, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Morris M. Kleiner & Alan B. Krueger, 2009. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 14979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kleiner, Morris M. & Krueger, Alan B., 2011. "Analyzing the Extent and Influence of Occupational Licensing on the Labor Market," IZA Discussion Papers 5505, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hayek, F. A., 2011. "The Constitution of Liberty," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226315379 edited by Hamowy, Ronald, April.
- Ernst, Daniel R., 2014. "Tocqueville's Nightmare: The Administrative State Emerges in America, 1900-1940," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199920860, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ruixue Jia & Gérard Roland & Yang Xie, 2021.
"A Theory of Power Structure and Institutional Compatibility: China vs. Europe Revisited,"
NBER Working Papers
28403, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jia, Ruixue & Roland, Gérard & Xie, Yang, 2021. "A Theory of Power Structure and Institutional Compatibility: China vs. Europe Revisited," CEPR Discussion Papers 15700, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bruce Caldwell, 2020. "The Road to Serfdom after 75 Years," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 58(3), pages 720-748, September.
- Philipp Bagus & José Antonio Peña-Ramos & Antonio Sánchez-Bayón, 2021.
"COVID-19 and the Political Economy of Mass Hysteria,"
IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 18(4), pages 1-15, February.
- Bagus, Philipp & Peña Ramos, José Antonio & Sánchez Bayón, Antonio, 2020. "Covid-19 and the Political Economy of Mass Hysteria," MPRA Paper 106158, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Feb 2021.
- Andrew Farrant, 2019. "What Should (Knightian) Economists Do? James M. Buchanan's 1980 Visit to Chile," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 85(3), pages 691-714, January.
- G. R. Steele, 2005. "Psychology, social evolution and liberalism: a Hayekian trinity," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 571-586.
- Richard M. Ebeling, 2014. "Hayek and Mises," Chapters, in: Roger W. Garrison & Norman Barry (ed.), Elgar Companion to Hayekian Economics, chapter 7, pages 138-164, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Karen Horn, 2020. "Richard E. Wagner (Ed.): James M. Buchanan—A theorist of political economy and social philosophy," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 259-265, June.
- Bruce Caldwell & Leonidas Montes, 2015. "Friedrich Hayek and his visits to Chile," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 261-309, September.
- James Hart & Matt Henn, 2017. "Neoliberalism and the Unfolding Patterns of Young People’s Political Engagement and Political Participation in Contemporary Britain," Societies, MDPI, vol. 7(4), pages 1-19, November.
- Jael, Paul, 2015. "Socialist Calculation and Market Socialism," MPRA Paper 64255, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Heine Klaus & Mause Karsten, 2003. "Politikberatung als informationsökonomisches Problem," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 223(4), pages 479-490, August.
- Allison Dwyer Emory, 2019. "Unintended Consequences: Protective State Policies and the Employment of Fathers with Criminal Records," Working Papers wp19-04-ff, Princeton University, School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Felix Windegger & Clive L. Spash, 2021.
"Reconceptualising Freedom in the 21st Century: Degrowth vs. Neoliberalism,"
sre-disc-2021_02, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Windegger, Felix & Spash, Clive L., 2021. "Reconceptualising Freedom in the 21st Century: Degrowth vs. Neoliberalism," SRE-Discussion Papers 2021/02, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Giorgio Brosio, 2018. "Coercion and equity with centralization of government: how the unification of Italy impacted the southern regions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 177(3), pages 235-264, December.
- Przemyslaw Zbierowski, 2015. "Positive Entrepreneurship: Antecedents and Outcomes of Entrepreneurship within Positive Organizational Scholarship (Przedsiebiorczosc pozytywna – przyczyny i rezultaty przedsiebiorczosci z zakresu poz," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 13(56), pages 38-54.
- Juan Manuel Ospina, 2019. "Economía para no economistas. Un regalo de la formación del pensamiento económico," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Ciencias Sociales y Humanas, number 136.
- Schnellenbach, Jan & Schubert, Christian, 2015.
"Behavioral political economy: A survey,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 395-417.
- Jan Schnellenbach & Christian Schubert, 2014. "Behavioral Political Economy: A Survey," CESifo Working Paper Series 4988, CESifo.
- Sauro Mocetti & Giacomo Roma & Enrico Rubolino, 2022.
"Knocking on Parents’ Doors: Regulation and Intergenerational Mobility,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(2), pages 525-554.
- Sauro Mocetti & Giacomo Roma & Enrico Rubolino, 2018. "Knocking on parents’ doors: regulation and intergenerational mobility," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1182, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Jo Michell, 2017.
"Do Shadow Banks Create Money? ‘Financialisation’ and the Monetary Circuit,"
Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 354-377, May.
- Jo Michell, 2016. "Do shadow banks create money? 'Financialisation' and the monetary circuit," Working Papers PKWP1605, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Jo Michell, 2016. "Do shadow banks create money? 'Financialisation' and the monetary circuit," Working Papers 20161602, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- de Ayala, Amaia & Hoyos, David & Mariel, Petr, 2015. "Suitability of discrete choice experiments for landscape management under the European Landscape Convention," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 79-96.
- Giovanna Tranfo & Lidia Caporossi & Daniela Pigini & Silvia Capanna & Bruno Papaleo & Enrico Paci, 2018. "Temporal Trends of Urinary Phthalate Concentrations in Two Populations: Effects of REACH Authorization after Five Years," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 15(9), pages 1-13, September.
More about this item
KeywordsRule of law; Magna Carta; Legal theory; Limited government;
All these keywords.
- K10 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - General (Constitutional Law)
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:irlaec:v:47:y:2016:i:s:p:22-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.