Country location choices of service multinationals: An empirical study of the international hotel sector
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jamuna Agarwal, 1980. "Determinants of foreign direct investment: A survey," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 116(4), pages 739-773, December.
- Ralph M Gaedeke, 1973. "Selected U.S. Multinational Service Firms in Perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 4(1), pages 61-66, March.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Johnson, Denise, 1990. "The determinants of US banking activity abroad," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 123-137, June.
- Horst, Thomas, 1972. "Firm and Industry Determinants of the Decision to Invest Abroad: An Empirical Study," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 258-266, August.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 355-374, June.
- Peter Wilson, 1994. "Tourism Earnings Instability in Singapore, 1972-88," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(1), pages 41-51, January.
- Culem, Claudy G., 1988. "The locational determinants of direct investments among industrialized countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 885-904, April.
- J H Dunning & G Norman, 1987. "The location choice of offices of international companies," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(5), pages 613-631, May.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Saunders, Anthony, 1981. "The determinants of foreign banking activity in the United States," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 17-32, March.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1988. "International Competitiveness: Errata," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(393), pages 1203-1203, December.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 1991. "Exports, imports, and economic growth in semi-industrialized countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 93-116, January.
- Grubaugh, Stephen G, 1987. "Determinants of Direct Foreign Investment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 149-152, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saroja Selvanathan & E.A. Selvanathan & Brinda Viswanathan, 2009.
"Causality between Foreign Direct Investment and Tourism : Empirical Evidence from India,"
Finance Working Papers
22944, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Saroja Selvanathan & Selvanathan & Brinda Viswanathan, 2009. "Causality between Foreign Direct Investment and Tourism: Empirical Evidence from India," Working Papers 2009-046, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- repec:eee:touman:v:57:y:2016:i:c:p:245-255 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oh, Chang Hoon & Sohl, Timo & Rugman, Alan M., 2015. "Regional and product diversification and the performance of retail multinationals," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 220-234.
- Kundu, Sumit K. & Lahiri, Somnath, 2015. "Turning the Spotlight on Service Multinationals: New Theoretical Insights and Empirical Evidence," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 215-219.
- Adina Smaranda COSMA & Cristina FLESERIU & Marius BOTA & Alexandru NEDELEA, 2015. "Aspects Of Romanian Marketing Environment For International Hotel Chains," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 4(1), pages 1-5, January.
- Oh, Chang Hoon & Sohl, Timo & Rugman, Alan M., 2015.
"Regional and product diversification and the performance of retail multinationals,"
Journal of International Management,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 220-234.
- Chang Hoon Oh & Timo Sohl & Alan Rugman, 2014. "Regional and Product Diversification and the Performance of Retail Multinationals," John H Dunning Centre for International Business Discussion Papers jhd-dp2014-02, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Serafini, Giovanni O. & Szamosi, Leslie T., 2015. "Five star hotels of a Multinational Enterprise in countries of the transitional periphery: A case study in human resources management," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 972-983.
- Kirca, Ahmet H. & Fernandez, Whitney Douglas & Kundu, Sumit K., 2016. "An empirical analysis and extension of internalization theory in emerging markets: The role of firm-specific assets and asset dispersion in the multinationality-performance relationship," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 628-640.
- repec:eee:touman:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moore, Winston & CRAIGWELL, ROLAND, 2008. "Foreign direct investment and tourism in SIDS: evidence from panel causality tests," MPRA Paper 33438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:touman:v:55:y:2016:i:c:p:225-237 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:intman:v:23:y:2017:i:3:p:292-305 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santos, Maria & Brochado, Ana & Esperança, José, 2016. "Foreign direct investment patterns of global hotel chains," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5235-5240.
- Chang, Cheng-Chang & Chen, Ju-Long, 2012. "A foreign expansion model with multi-site locations in service industries," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 102-109.
More about this item
KeywordsService foreign direct investment Location International hotels;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intman:v:5:y:1999:i:4:p:299-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/601266/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.