A systemic risk analysis of Islamic equity markets using vine copula and delta CoVaR modeling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Jose Arreola Hernandez & Stelios Bekiros & Muhammad Shahbaz & Ghulam Mujtaba Kayani, 2018. "A systemic risk analysis of Islamic equity markets using vine copula and delta CoVaR modeling," Post-Print hal-01989649, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chortareas, Georgios & Jiang, Ying & Nankervis, John. C., 2011. "Forecasting exchange rate volatility using high-frequency data: Is the euro different?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 1089-1107, October.
- Aas, Kjersti & Czado, Claudia & Frigessi, Arnoldo & Bakken, Henrik, 2009. "Pair-copula constructions of multiple dependence," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 182-198, April.
- Arreola Hernandez, Jose, 2014. "Are oil and gas stocks from the Australian market riskier than coal and uranium stocks? Dependence risk analysis and portfolio optimization," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 528-536.
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:25:p:2409-2427 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Al Janabi, Mazin A.M. & Arreola Hernandez, Jose & Berger, Theo & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2017.
"Multivariate dependence and portfolio optimization algorithms under illiquid market scenarios,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 259(3), pages 1121-1131.
- Al Janabi, Mazin A.M. & Arreola Hernandez, Jose & Berger, Theo & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2016. "Multivariate dependence and portfolio optimization algorithms under illiquid market scenarios," MPRA Paper 84626, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2016.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Bollerslev, Tim & Mikkelsen, Hans Ole, 1996.
"Fractionally integrated generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 3-30, September.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Baillie, Bollerslev, Mikkelson FIGARCH results," Statistical Software Components RTZ00009, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Reboredo, Juan C. & Ugolini, Andrea, 2015. "Systemic risk in European sovereign debt markets: A CoVaR-copula approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 214-244.
- Jose Arreola Hernandez & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Mazin A. M. Al Janabi & Juan Carlos Reboredo, 2017.
"Global financial crisis and dependence risk analysis of sector portfolios: a vine copula approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(25), pages 2409-2427, May.
- Arreola Hernandez, Jose & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong & Al Janabi, Mazin A. M. & Reboredo, Juan Carlos, 2014. "Global financial crisis and dependence risk analysis of sector portfolios: a vine copula approach," MPRA Paper 73399, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2016.
- Naifar, Nader, 2016. "Do global risk factors and macroeconomic conditions affect global Islamic index dynamics? A quantile regression approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 29-39.
- Qianqiu Liu, 2009. "On portfolio optimization: How and when do we benefit from high-frequency data?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 560-582.
- Nikoloulopoulos, Aristidis K. & Joe, Harry & Li, Haijun, 2012. "Vine copulas with asymmetric tail dependence and applications to financial return data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 3659-3673.
- David C. Ling & Andy Naranjo, 1999. "The Integration of Commercial Real Estate Markets and Stock Markets," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(3), pages 483-515.
- Bekiros, Stelios & Hernandez, Jose Arreola & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2015. "Multivariate dependence risk and portfolio optimization: An application to mining stock portfolios," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(P2), pages 1-11.
- Girardi, Giulio & Tolga Ergün, A., 2013. "Systemic risk measurement: Multivariate GARCH estimation of CoVaR," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3169-3180.
- Hiemstra, Craig & Jones, Jonathan D, 1994. " Testing for Linear and Nonlinear Granger Causality in the Stock Price-Volume Relation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(5), pages 1639-1664, December.
- Abadie A., 2002. "Bootstrap Tests for Distributional Treatment Effects in Instrumental Variable Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 284-292, March.
- Reboredo, Juan C. & Rivera-Castro, Miguel A. & Ugolini, Andrea, 2016. "Downside and upside risk spillovers between exchange rates and stock prices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 76-96.
- Yun, Jaeho & Moon, Hyejung, 2014. "Measuring systemic risk in the Korean banking sector via dynamic conditional correlation models," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 94-114.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2006. "Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 527-556, May.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
KeywordsSpillovers; Systemic risk; Conditional VaR; Copulas; Tail dependence;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:56:y:2018:i:c:p:104-127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.