Derivative activities and Asia-Pacific banks' interest rate and exchange rate exposures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chaudhry, Mukesh K. & Christie-David, Rohan & Koch, Timothy W. & Reichert, Alan K., 2000. "The risk of foreign currency contingent claims at US commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1399-1417, September.
- Jongmoo Choi & Elyas Elyasiani, 1997. "Derivative Exposure and the Interest Rate and Exchange Rate Risks of U.S. Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 267-286, October.
- Faff, R. W. & Howard, P. F., 1999. "Interest rate risk of Australian financial sector companies in a period of regulatory change," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 83-101, February.
- Beverly Hirtle, 1997.
"Derivatives, Portfolio Composition, and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 243-266, October.
- Beverly J. Hirtle, 1996. "Derivatives, Portfolio Composition and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-43, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Smith, Clifford Jr., 1997. "Derivatives regulation: Implications for central banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 305-346, October.
- Nguyen, Hoa & Faff, Robert, 2003. "Can the use of foreign currency derivatives explain variations in foreign exchange exposure?: Evidence from Australian companies," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 193-215, July.
- Chamberlain, Sandra & Howe, John S. & Popper, Helen, 1997.
"The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 871-892, June.
- Sandra Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1995. "The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 95-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Sandra L. Chamberlain & John S. Howe & Helen Popper, 1996. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of U.S. and Japanese Banking Institutions," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-55, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Flannery, Mark J & James, Christopher M, 1984. " The Effect of Interest Rate Changes on the Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Madura, Jeff & Zarruk, Emilio R, 1995. "Bank Exposure to Interest Rate Risk: A Global Perspective," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(1), pages 1-13, Spring.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Bae, Sung C, 1990. "Interest Rate Changes and Common Stock Returns of Financial Institutions: Revisited," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 13(1), pages 71-79, Spring.
- SinkeyJr., Joseph F. & Carter, David A., 2000. "Evidence on the financial characteristics of banks that do and do not use derivatives," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 431-449.
- Donald R. Fraser, 2002. "Sources of Bank Interest Rate Risk," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 351-367, August.
- Hentschel, Ludger & Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Are Corporations Reducing or Taking Risks with Derivatives?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 93-118, March.
- Allayannis, George & Ofek, Eli, 2001. "Exchange rate exposure, hedging, and the use of foreign currency derivatives," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 273-296, April.
- Dekle, Robert, 1998. "The Japanese "Big Bang" financial reforms and market implications," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 237-249.
- Demsetz, Rebecca S & Strahan, Philip E, 1997. "Diversification, Size, and Risk at Bank Holding Companies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 300-313, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Shaofang & Marinč, Matej, 2014. "The use of financial derivatives and risks of U.S. bank holding companies," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 46-71.
- Maxim Zagonov, 2011. "Securitization and Bank Intermediation Function," Finance zagonov-wpsz2011, Socionet.
- Esposito, Lucia & Nobili, Andrea & Ropele, Tiziano, 2015.
"The management of interest rate risk during the crisis: Evidence from Italian banks,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 486-504.
- Lucia Esposito & Andrea Nobili & Tiziano Ropele, 2013. "The management of interest rate risk during the crisis: evidence from Italian banks," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 933, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Toth Kornel, 2014. "The Effect Of Derivative Financial Instruments On Bank Risks, Relevance And Faithful Representation: Evidence From Banks In Hungary," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 698-706, July.
- F. Dilvin Ta?k?n & Ufuk Tutan, 2015. "Use of Derivatives and Financial Stability in Turkish Banking Sector," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 2805197, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:20:y:2017:i:01:n:s0219091517500047 is not listed on IDEAS
- Foos, Daniel & Lütkebohmert, Eva & Markovych, Mariia & Pliszka, Kamil, 2017. "Euro area banks' interest rate risk exposure to level, slope and curvature swings in the yield curve," Discussion Papers 24/2017, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Burak Pirgaip & Aslıhan Taşdemir, 2017. "Derivative Use of Turkish Investment Funds During the 2008-09 Financial Crisis," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 7(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Gloria M. Soto Pacheco & Cristóbal González & Laura Ballester & Román Ferrer, 2009. "Determinants of interest rate exposure of Spanish banking industry," Working Papers. Serie EC 2009-07, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
More about this item
KeywordsDerivatives Asia-Pacific banks Interest rate exposure Exchange rate exposure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:19:y:2009:i:1:p:16-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.