The Barings crises of 1890 and 1995: causes, courses, consequences and the danger of domino effects
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 13 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1976.
"Optimal Financial Crises,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
97-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-19, June.
- Chari, V V & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1988. " Banking Panics, Information, and Rational Expectations Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 749-61, July.
- Kane, Edward J. & DeTrask, Kimberly, 1999. "Breakdown of accounting controls at Barings and Daiwa: Benefits of using opportunity-cost measures for trading activity," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 203-228, August.
- Bougheas, Spiros, 1999. "Contagious bank runs," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-146, June.
- Edward J. Green & Ping Lin, 2000. "Diamond and Dybvig's classic theory of financial intermediation : what's missing?," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 3-13.
- Sangkyun Park, 1991. "Bank failure contagion in historical perspective," Research Paper 9103, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Hogan, W.P., 1996.
"The Barings Collapse: Explanations and Implications,"
235, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- W.P. Hogan, 1996. "The Barings Collapse: Explanations And Implications," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 15(3), pages 1-27, 09.
- Paroush, Jacob, 1988. " The Domino Effect and the Supervision of the Banking System," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(5), pages 1207-18, December.
- Dowd, Kevin, 1992. " Models of Banking Instability: A Partial Review of the Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 107-32.
- Park, Sangkyun, 1991. "Bank failure contagion in historical perspective," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 271-286, October.
- V.V. Chari, 1989. "Banking without deposit insurance or bank panics: lessons from a model of the U.S. national banking system," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sum, pages 3-19.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:13:y:2003:i:3:p:187-209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.