Maximizing the utility of consumption with commutable life annuities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shlomo Benartzi & Alessandro Previtero & Richard H. Thaler, 2011. "Annuitization Puzzles," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(4), pages 143-164, Fall.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hyeng Keun Koo, 1998. "Consumption and Portfolio Selection with Labor Income: A Continuous Time Approach," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 49-65.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Hu, Xueying & Young, Virginia R., 2011.
"Minimizing the probability of lifetime ruin under stochastic volatility,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 194-206, September.
- Erhan Bayraktar & Xueying Hu & Virginia R. Young, 2010. "Minimizing the Probability of Lifetime Ruin under Stochastic Volatility," Papers 1003.4216, arXiv.org, revised May 2011.
- Moshe A. Milevsky & Kristen S. Moore & Virginia R. Young, 2006. "Asset Allocation And Annuity-Purchase Strategies To Minimize The Probability Of Financial Ruin," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 647-671.
- Thomas Davidoff & Jeffrey R. Brown & Peter A. Diamond, 2005. "Annuities and Individual Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1573-1590, December.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1991. "A simplified treatment of the theory of optimal regulation of Brownian motion," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 657-673, October.
- Cox, John C. & Huang, Chi-fu, 1989. "Optimal consumption and portfolio policies when asset prices follow a diffusion process," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-83, October.
- Romuald Elie & Nizar Touzi, 2008. "Optimal lifetime consumption and investment under a drawdown constraint," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 299-330, July.
- He, Hua & Pages, Henri F, 1993. "Labor Income, Borrowing Constraints, and Equilibrium Asset Prices," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(4), pages 663-696, October.
- Jérôme Detemple & Angel Serrat, 2003. "Dynamic Equilibrium with Liquidity Constraints," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(2), pages 597-629.
- Dumas, Bernard, 1991. "Super contact and related optimality conditions," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 675-685, October.
- Milevsky, Moshe A. & Young, Virginia R., 2007. "Annuitization and asset allocation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 3138-3177, September.
- repec:spr:compst:v:51:y:2000:i:1:p:43-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Duffie, Darrell & Fleming, Wendell & Soner, H. Mete & Zariphopoulou, Thaleia, 1997. "Hedging in incomplete markets with HARA utility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 753-782, May.
- Lee Lockwood, 2012.
"Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(2), pages 226-243, April.
- Lee Lockwood, 2011. "Code files for "Bequest Motives and the Annuity Puzzle"," Computer Codes 10-110, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Wang, Ting & Young, Virginia R., 2012. "Optimal commutable annuities to minimize the probability of lifetime ruin," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 200-216.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei-Ting Pan, 2016. "The Impact of Mandatory Savings on Life Cycle Consumption and Portfolio Choice," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 32.
- Sutcliffe, Charles, 2015.
"Trading death: The implications of annuity replication for the annuity puzzle, arbitrage, speculation and portfolios,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 163-174.
- Charles Sutcliffe, 2013. "Trading Death: The Implications of Annuity Replication for the Annuity Puzzle, Arbitrage, Speculation and Portfolios," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2013-06, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Bayraktar, Erhan & Promislow, S. David & Young, Virginia R., 2014. "Purchasing life insurance to reach a bequest goal," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 204-216.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:133-142 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:insuma:v:79:y:2018:i:c:p:167-183 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angoshtari, Bahman & Bayraktar, Erhan & Young, Virginia R., 2016.
"Minimizing the probability of lifetime drawdown under constant consumption,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 210-223.
- Bahman Angoshtari & Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2015. "Minimizing the Probability of Lifetime Drawdown under Constant Consumption," Papers 1507.08713, arXiv.org, revised May 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsCommutable annuities; Utility maximization; Retirement; Optimal investment; Optimal consumption; Stochastic control; Impulse control; Singular control; Free-boundary problem;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:2:p:352-369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.