Optimal lifetime consumption and investment under a drawdown constraint
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Sanford J. Grossman & Zhongquan Zhou, 1993. "Optimal Investment Strategies For Controlling Drawdowns," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 241-276.
- Magill, Michael J. P. & Constantinides, George M., 1976. "Portfolio selection with transactions costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 245-263, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Ting & Young, Virginia R., 2012. "Maximizing the utility of consumption with commutable life annuities," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 352-369.
- Ruimeng Hu, 2018. "Asymptotic Optimal Portfolio in Fast Mean-reverting Stochastic Environments," Papers 1803.07720, arXiv.org.
- Robert Feicht & Wolfgang Stummer, 2010. "Complete Closed-form Solution to a Stochastic Growth Model and Corresponding Speed of Economic Recovery preliminary," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_041, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Ankush Agarwal & Ronnie Sircar, 2017. "Portfolio Benchmarking under Drawdown Constraint and Stochastic Sharpe Ratio," Working Papers hal-01388399, HAL.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Ruimeng Hu, 2017. "Optimal Portfolio under Fast Mean-reverting Fractional Stochastic Environment," Papers 1706.03139, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2018.
- Di Giacinto, Marina & Federico, Salvatore & Gozzi, Fausto & Vigna, Elena, 2014. "Income drawdown option with minimum guarantee," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 610-624.
- Landriault, David & Li, Bin & Li, Shu, 2015. "Analysis of a drawdown-based regime-switching Lévy insurance model," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 98-107.
- repec:spr:compst:v:71:y:2010:i:3:p:551-585 is not listed on IDEAS
- Feyzullah Egriboyun & H. Soner, 2010. "Optimal investment strategies with a reallocation constraint," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 71(3), pages 551-585, June.
- T. Arun, 2012. "The Merton Problem with a Drawdown Constraint on Consumption," Papers 1210.5205, arXiv.org.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Ruimeng Hu, 2017. "Optimal Portfolio under Fractional Stochastic Environment," Papers 1703.06969, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2017.
- Paolo Guasoni & Gu Wang, 2015. "Hedge and mutual funds’ fees and the separation of private investments," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 473-507, July.
- Bahman Angoshtari & Erhan Bayraktar & Virginia R. Young, 2015. "Optimal Investment to Minimize the Probability of Drawdown," Papers 1506.00166, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2016.
- Vladimir Cherny & Jan Obloj, 2011. "Portfolio optimisation under non-linear drawdown constraints in a semimartingale financial model," Papers 1110.6289, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2013.
- Lukasz Delong, 2010. "Applications of time-delayed backward stochastic differential equations to pricing, hedging and portfolio management," Papers 1005.4417, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2011.
- Ankush Agarwal & Ronnie Sircar, 2016. "Portfolio Benchmarking under Drawdown Constraint and Stochastic Sharpe Ratio," Papers 1610.08558, arXiv.org.
- Zabarankin, Michael & Pavlikov, Konstantin & Uryasev, Stan, 2014. "Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) with drawdown measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(2), pages 508-517.
- Nicole Bauerle & Erhan Bayraktar, 2012. "A Note on Applications of Stochastic Ordering to Control Problems in Insurance and Finance," Papers 1210.3800, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2013.
- Chen, Xinfu & Landriault, David & Li, Bin & Li, Dongchen, 2015. "On minimizing drawdown risks of lifetime investments," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 46-54.
- Vladimir Cherny & Jan Obłój, 2013. "Portfolio optimisation under non-linear drawdown constraints in a semimartingale financial model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 771-800, October.
- Jean-Pierre Fouque & Ruimeng Hu, 2016. "Asymptotic Optimal Strategy for Portfolio Optimization in a Slowly Varying Stochastic Environment," Papers 1603.03538, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsPortfolio allocation; Drawdown constraint; Duality; Verification; 91B28; 35K55; 60H30; G11; C61;
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:finsto:v:12:y:2008:i:3:p:299-330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.