Catastrophe risk management with counterparty risk using alternative instruments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cox, Samuel H. & Fairchild, Joseph R. & Pedersen, Hal W., 2004. "Valuation of structured risk management products," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 259-272, April.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Kukla, Grzegorz & Weron, Rafał, 2000. "Property insurance loss distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(1), pages 269-278.
- Leveille, Ghislain & Garrido, Jose, 2001. "Moments of compound renewal sums with discounted claims," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 217-231, April.
- Sudheer Chava & Catalina Stefanescu & Stuart Turnbull, 2011. "Modeling the Loss Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(7), pages 1267-1287, July.
- Paulsen, Jostein, 1998. "Ruin theory with compounding assets -- a survey," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-16, May.
- Nickell, Pamela & Perraudin, William & Varotto, Simone, 2000. "Stability of rating transitions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 203-227, January.
- J. A. Nielsen & K. Sandmann, 1996. "The pricing of Asian options under stochastic interest rates," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 209-236.
- Bruche, Max & González-Aguado, Carlos, 2010.
"Recovery rates, default probabilities, and the credit cycle,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 754-764, April.
- Bruche, Max & Gonzalez-Aguado, Carlos, 2006. "Recovery rates, default probabilities and the credit cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24524, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Max Bruche & Carlos González-Aguado, 2006. "Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities and the Credit Cycle," Working Papers wp2006_0612, CEMFI.
- Carlos González-Aguado & Max Bruche, 2006. "Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities and the Credit Cycle," FMG Discussion Papers dp572, Financial Markets Group.
- Robert A. Jarrow & Fan Yu, 2008.
"Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 20, pages 481-515
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Robert A. Jarrow, 2001. "Counterparty Risk and the Pricing of Defaultable Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(5), pages 1765-1799, October.
- Turnbull, Stuart M. & Wakeman, Lee Macdonald, 1991. "A Quick Algorithm for Pricing European Average Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 377-389, September.
- Ji‐Wook Jang, 2004. "Martingale Approach for Moments of Discounted Aggregate Claims," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(2), pages 201-211, June.
- Bakshi, Gurdip & Madan, Dilip, 2000. "Spanning and derivative-security valuation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 205-238, February.
- Edward I. Altman & Brooks Brady & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2005. "The Link between Default and Recovery Rates: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2203-2228, November.
- Chang, Carolyn W. & Chang, Jack S.K. & Lu, WeLi, 2010. "Pricing catastrophe options with stochastic claim arrival intensity in claim time," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 24-32, January.
- Bangia, Anil & Diebold, Francis X. & Kronimus, Andre & Schagen, Christian & Schuermann, Til, 2002.
"Ratings migration and the business cycle, with application to credit portfolio stress testing,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 445-474, March.
- Anil Bangia & Francis X. Diebold & Til Schuermann, 2000. "Ratings Migration and the Business Cycle, With Application to Credit Portfolio Stress Testing," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-26, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert JARROW & Andrew RUDD, 2008.
"Approximate Option Valuation For Arbitrary Stochastic Processes,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 1, pages 9-31,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Jarrow, Robert & Rudd, Andrew, 1982. "Approximate option valuation for arbitrary stochastic processes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 347-369, November.
- Seal, Hilary L., 1983. "The poisson process: Its failure in risk theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 287-288, October.
- Jaimungal, Sebastian & Wang, Tao, 2006. "Catastrophe options with stochastic interest rates and compound Poisson losses," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 469-483, June.
- Xuemin Yan, 2002. "Valuation of commodity derivatives in a new multi-factor model," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 251-271, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Yang-Che, 2015. "Reexamining the feasibility of diversification and transfer instruments on smoothing catastrophe risk," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 54-66.
- repec:gam:jijfss:v:5:y:2017:i:4:p:23-:d:115840 is not listed on IDEAS
- Braun, Alexander, 2011. "Pricing catastrophe swaps: A contingent claims approach," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 520-536.
- repec:bla:eufman:v:24:y:2018:i:5:p:893-918 is not listed on IDEAS
- CMaria Osipenko & Wolfgang Karl Härdle, 2017. "Dynamic Valuation of Weather Derivatives under Default Risk," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2017-005, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- repec:bla:jrinsu:v:83:y:2016:i:4:p:811-847 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Xingchun, 2016. "Catastrophe equity put options with target variance," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 79-86.
More about this item
KeywordsCatastrophe risk Catastrophe reinsurance contracts Catastrophe-linked instruments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:47:y:2010:i:2:p:234-245. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.