Labor versus capital in trade-policy: The role of ideology and inequality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pushan Dutt & Devashish Mitra, 2005.
"Political Ideology and Endogenous Trade Policy: An Empirical Investigation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 59-72, February.
- Pushan Dutt & Devashish Mitra, 2002. "Political Ideology and Endogenous Trade Policy: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 9239, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Van Long, Ngo & Vousden, Neil, 1991. "Protectionist responses and declining industries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 87-103, February.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1984. "Endogenous Tariff Formation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 970-985, December.
- Beck, Thorsten & Clarke, George & Groff, Alberto & Keefer, Philip & Walsh, Patrick, 2000. "New tools and new tests in comparative political economy - the database of political institutions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2283, The World Bank.
- Dutt, Pushan & Mitra, Devashish, 2002. "Endogenous trade policy through majority voting: an empirical investigation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 107-133, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Suryadipta Roy, 2011. "Political economy determinants of non-agricultural trade policy," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 89-104.
- Christian E. Weller, 2011.
"Could international labour rights play a role in US trade?,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 35(1), pages 39-57.
- Christian E. Weller, 2009. "Could International Labor Rights Play a Role in U.S. Trade?," Working Papers wp196, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Cooray, Arusha & Tamazian, Artur & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya, 2014.
"What drives FDI policy liberalization? An empirical investigation,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 179-189.
- Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati & Arusha Cooray, 2012. "What Drives FDI Policy Liberalization? An Empirical Investigation," CAMA Working Papers 2012-27, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Lodewijk Smets & Stephen Knack & Nadia Molenaers, 2013.
"Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 447-476, December.
- Smets, Lodewijk & Knack, Stephen & Molenaers, Nadia, 2012. "Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6130, The World Bank.
- Dutt, Pushan & Mitra, Devashish, 2009. "Explaining Agricultural Distortion Patterns : The Roles of Ideology, Inequality, Lobbying and Public Finance," Agricultural Distortions Working Paper 50299, World Bank.
- Dreher, Axel & Minasyan, Anna & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2015. "Government ideology in donor and recipient countries: Does ideological proximity matter for the effectiveness of aid?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 80-92.
- Gawande, Kishore & Hoekman, Bernard, 2009.
"Why Governments Tax or Subsidize Trade: Evidence from Agriculture,"
Agricultural Distortions Working Paper
50300, World Bank.
- Gawande, Kishore & Hoekman, Bernard, 2010. "Why Governments Tax or Subsidize Trade: Evidence From Agriculture," CEPR Discussion Papers 7787, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sijeong Lim & Brian Burgoon, 2017. "Globalization and Support for Unemployment Spending in Asia," Working Papers hal-01670983, HAL.
- Egger, Peter & Larch, Mario & Pfaffermayr, Michael & Walde, Janette, 2008. "The EU's attitude towards Eastern Enlargement in space," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 142-156, March.
- Margarita Katsimi & Thomas Moutos, 2010. "Inequality and the Relative Reliance on Tariffs," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 121-137, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:69:y:2006:i:2:p:310-320. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .