Market structure and market outcomes in deregulated rail freight markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pittman, Russell W, 1990. "Railroads and Competition: The Santa Fe/Southern Pacific Merger Proposal," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 25-46, September.
- Wilson, Wesley W, 1997. "Cost Savings and Productivity in the Railroad Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 21-40, January.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R & Noll, Roger G, 1984.
"The Regulation of Surface Freight Transportation: The Welfare Effects Revisited,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 80-87, February.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R. & Noll, Roger G., "undated". "The Regulation of Surface Freight Transportation: The Welfare Effects Revisited," Working Papers 375, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Friedlaender, A.F., 1991. "Fair Rates and Rates of Return in a deregulated Rail Industry," Working papers 576, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R & Daughety, Andrew F & Turnquist, Mark A, 1982. "The Estimation of a Hybrid Cost Function for a Railroad Firm," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 394-404, August.
- Burton, Mark L, 1993. "Railroad Deregulation, Carrier Behavior, and Shipper Response: A Disaggregated Analysis," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 417-434, December.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- McFarland, Henry, 1989. "The Effects of United States Railroad Deregulation on Shippers, Labor, and Capital," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 259-270, September.
- MacDonald, James M, 1989. "Railroad Deregulation, Innovation, and Competition: Effects of the Staggers Act on Grain Transportation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 63-95, April.
- Grimm, Curtis M & Winston, Clifford & Evans, Carol A, 1992. "Foreclosure of Railroad Markets: A Test of Chicago Leverage Theory," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(2), pages 295-310, October.
- James M. MacDonald, 1987. "Competition and Rail Rates for the Shipment of Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(1), pages 151-163, Spring.
- Richard C. Levin, 1981. "Railroad Rates, Profitability, and Welfare Under Deregulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 1-26, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacint Balaguer Coll & José C. Pernías, 2010. "Spatial density, average prices and price dispersion. Evidence from the Spanish hotel industry," Working Papers. Serie EC 2010-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Steffen Juranek, 2016.
"Creating a National Champion: International Competition and Unbundling in Rail Transportation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 50(1), pages 56-75, January.
- Juranek, Steffen, 2015. "Creating a National Champion: International Competition and Unbundling in Rail Transportation," Discussion Papers 2015/18, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- R. Pittman, 2009.
"Railway Mergers and Railway Alliances: Competition Issues and Lessons for Other Network Industries,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries,
Intersentia, vol. 10(3), pages 259-279, September.
- Russell Pittman, 2009. "Railway Mergers and Railway Alliances: Competition Issues and Lessons for Other Network Industries," EAG Discussions Papers 200902, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- Agyei Karikari, John & Brown, Stephen M. & Abramowitz, Amy D., 2003. "Subscriptions for direct broadcast satellite and cable television in the US: an empirical analysis," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-15, March.
- repec:eee:touman:v:36:y:2013:i:c:p:391-400 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barron, John M. & Taylor, Beck A. & Umbeck, John R., 2004. "Number of sellers, average prices, and price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1041-1066, November.
- Kasuga, Norihro & Manabu, Shishikura & Masanori, Kondo, 2007. "Platform Competition in Pay-TV Market," MPRA Paper 5694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hughes, Jonathan E., 2011. "The higher price of cleaner fuels: Market power in the rail transport of fuel ethanol," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 123-139, September.
- Eva Jansson, 0. "Deregulation, property rights, and legal system," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-25.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:19:y:2001:i:1-2:p:99-131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.