The Staggers Act and Firm Performance: Long-Run Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-465, June.
- Prater, Marvin E. & Casavant, Ken & Jessup, Eric & Blanton, Bruce & Bahizi, Pierre & Nibarger, Daniel & Weingram, Isaac, 2010. "Rail Competition Changes Since the Staggers Act," Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 49(3), pages 1-23.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1997. "Industry costs of equity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 153-193, February.
- Wilson, Wesley W. & Wilson, William W., 2001. "Deregulation, rate incentives, and efficiency in the railroad market," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, June.
- Siew Hoon Lim & C.A. Knox Lovell, 2009. "Profit and productivity of US Class I railroads," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 423-442.
- Opler, Tim & Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene & Williamson, Rohan, 1999.
"The determinants and implications of corporate cash holdings,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-46, April.
- Tim Opler & Lee Pinkowitz & Rene Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 1997. "The Determinants and Implications of Corporate Cash Holdings," NBER Working Papers 6234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martland, Carl D., 2006. "Productivity, Pricing and Profitability in the U.S. Rail Freight Industry, 1995-2004," Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 45(3), pages 1-17.
- McFarland, Henry, 1989. "The Effects of United States Railroad Deregulation on Shippers, Labor, and Capital," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 259-270, September.
- JULES H. van BINSBERGEN & JOHN R. GRAHAM & JIE YANG, 2010. "The Cost of Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(6), pages 2089-2136, December.
- MacDonald, James M, 1989. "Railroad Deregulation, Innovation, and Competition: Effects of the Staggers Act on Grain Transportation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 63-95, April.
- Barclay, Michael J & Smith, Clifford W, Jr, 1995. " The Maturity Structure of Corporate Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 609-631, June.
- Prater, Marvin & Casavant, Ken & Jessup, Eric & Blanton, Bruce & Bahizi, Pierre & Niberger, Daniel & Weingram, Isaac, 2010. "Rail Competition Changes Since the Staggers Act," 51st Annual Transportation Research Forum, Arlington, Virginia, March 11-13, 2010 207269, Transportation Research Forum.
- Wilson, Wesley W, 1997. "Cost Savings and Productivity in the Railroad Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 21-40, January.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, 1998. "Taxes, Financing Decisions, and Firm Value," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 819-843, June.
- Bitzan, John & Vachal, Kimberly & VanWechel, Tamara & Vinje, Dan, 2003. "The Differential Effects of Rail Rate Deregulation U.S. Corn, Wheat and Soybean Markets," MPC Reports 231695, North Dakota State University, Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute.
- James M. MacDonald, 1987. "Competition and Rail Rates for the Shipment of Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(1), pages 151-163, Spring.
- Prater, Marvin & Casavant, Ken & Jessup, Eric & Blanton, Bruce & Bahizi, Pierre & Nibarger, Daniel & Weingram, Isaac, 2010. "Rail Competition Changes Since the Staggers Act," 51st Annual Transportation Research Forum, Arlington, Virginia, March 11-13, 2010 207270, Transportation Research Forum.
More about this item
KeywordsDeregulation and performance; Financial performance; Railroad industry performance; Staggers act;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:49:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s11151-016-9522-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.