Platform Competition in Pay-TV Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manabu Shishikura & Norihiro Kasuga & Akio Torii, 2005. "Analysis of Subscription Demand for Pay-TV," Industrial Organization 0509005, EconWPA.
- Agyei Karikari, John & Brown, Stephen M. & Abramowitz, Amy D., 2003. "Subscriptions for direct broadcast satellite and cable television in the US: an empirical analysis," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Clements, Michael E. & Brown, Stephen M., 2006. "The satellite home viewer improvement act: Price and quality impact of direct broadcast satellite companies' provision of local broadcast stations," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 125-135, March.
- Schmidt, Stephen, 2001. "Market structure and market outcomes in deregulated rail freight markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 99-131, January.
- Prager, Robin A, 1992. "The Effects of Deregulating Cable Television: Evidence from the Financial Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 347-363, December.
- Chipty, Tasneem, 1995. "Horizontal Integration for Bargaining Power: Evidence from the Cable Television Industry," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 375-397, Summer.
- Thomas Hazlett, 1996. "Cable Television Rate Deregulation," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 145-164.
- Carroll, Kathleen A & Lamdin, Douglas J, 1993. "Measuring Market Response to Regulation of the Cable TV Industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 385-399, December.
- Hazlett, Thomas W, 1997. "Prices and Outputs under Cable TV Reregulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 173-195, September.
More about this item
KeywordsPlatform Competition; Cable Television; Communication Satellite; Pay-TV; subscriber penetration; high-value added service;
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-11-17 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CUL-2007-11-17 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2007-11-17 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-NET-2007-11-17 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5694. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .