Persuasive advertising in Hotelling's model of product differentiation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Neven, Damien J., 1986.
"On Hotelling's competition with non-uniform customer distributions,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 121-126.
- Neven, D., 1985. "On hotelling’s competition with non uniform customer distributions," CORE Discussion Papers 1985044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1988.
"An Empirical Analysis of Dynamic, Nonprice Competition in an Oligopolistic Industry,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(2), pages 200-220, Summer.
- Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "An Empirical Analysis Of Dynamic, Non-Price Competition In An Oligopolistic Industry," Papers 3-88-14, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Caplin, Andrew & Nalebuff, Barry, 1991.
"Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 25-59, January.
- Andrew Caplin & Barry Nalebuff, 1990. "Aggregation and Imperfect Competition: On the Existence of Equilibrium," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 937, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kelton, Christina M L & Kelton, W David, 1982. "Advertising and Intraindustry Brand Shift in the U.S. Brewing Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 293-303, March.
- Avinash Dixit & Victor Norman, 1978.
"Advertising and Welfare,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Norman, Victor, 1976. "Advertising and Welfare," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 082, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Netter, Jeffry M, 1982. "Excessive Advertising: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 361-373, June.
- Asim Ansari & Nicholas Economides & Avijit Ghosh, 1994. "Competitive Positioning in Markets with Nonuniform Preferences," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 248-273.
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979. "On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-1150, September.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1981.
"Good News and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 380-391, Autumn.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1979. "Good Nevs and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications," Discussion Papers 407R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- John R. Hauser, 1988. "Note—Competitive Price and Positioning Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 76-91.
- Shilony, Yuval, 1981. "Hotelling's competition with general customer distributions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 39-45.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:indorg:v:17:y:1999:i:4:p:557-574. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505551 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.