The landscape of community health insurance in India: An overview based on 10 case studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Atim, Chris, 1999. "Social movements and health insurance: a critical evaluation of voluntary, non-profit insurance schemes with case studies from Ghana and Cameroon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 881-896, April.
- Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2002. "One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 1559-1587, May.
- David H. Peters & Abdo S. Yazbeck & Rashmi R. Sharma & G. N. V. Ramana & Lant H. Pritchett & Adam Wagstaff, 2002. "Better Health Systems for India's Poor : Findings, Analysis, and Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14080.
- Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Supachutikul, Anuwat & Lertiendumrong, Jongkol, 1999. "The social security scheme in Thailand: what lessons can be drawn?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 913-923, April.
- Carrin, Guy & Ron, Aviva & Hui, Yang & Hong, Wang & Tuohong, Zhang & Licheng, Zhang & Shuo, Zhang & Yide, Ye & Jiaying, Chen & Qicheng, Jiang & Zhaoyang, Zhang & Jun, Yu & Xuesheng, Li, 1999. "The reform of the rural cooperative medical system in the People's Republic of China: interim experience in 14 pilot counties," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 961-972, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roy, Kakoli & Howard, David Hill, 2007. "Equity in out-of-pocket payments for hospital care: Evidence from India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 297-307, February.
- Raza, W.A. & Panda, P. & Van de Poel, E. & Dror, D.M. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Healthcare Seeking Behavior among Self-help Group Households in Rural Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, India," ISS Working Papers - General Series 50172, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Fink, Günther & Robyn, Paul Jacob & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2013. "Does health insurance improve health?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1043-1056.
- Sahoo, Amit Kumar & Madheswaran, S., 2014. "Out of pocket (OOP) financial risk protection: The role of health insurence," Working Papers 330, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Perianayagam, Arokiasamy & Goli, Srinivas, 2013. "Health insurance and health care in India: a supply-demand perspective," MPRA Paper 51103, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Oct 2013.
- Dummer, Trevor J.B. & Cook, Ian G., 2008. "Health in China and India: A cross-country comparison in a context of rapid globalisation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 590-605, August.
- Robyn, Paul Jacob & Bärnighausen, Till & Souares, Aurélia & Traoré, Adama & Bicaba, Brice & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2014. "Provider payment methods and health worker motivation in community-based health insurance: A mixed-methods study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 223-236.
- Dror, David Mark & Radermacher, Ralf & Koren, Ruth, 2007. "Willingness to pay for health insurance among rural and poor persons: Field evidence from seven micro health insurance units in India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 12-27, June.
- Mladovsky, Philipa & Mossialos, Elias, 2008. "A Conceptual Framework for Community-Based Health Insurance in Low-Income Countries: Social Capital and Economic Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 590-607, April.
- Brendan Drew & Federica Angeli & Karan Dave & Milena Pavlova, 2016. "Impact of patients' healthcare payment methods on hospital discharge process: evidence from India," International Journal of Health Planning and Management, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 158-174, July.
- repec:bla:ijhplm:v:32:y:2017:i:2:p:e218-e231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Munuswamy, Suresh & Nakamura, Keiko & Katta, Ajitha, 2011. "Comparing the cost of electricity sourced from a fuel cell-based renewable energy system and the national grid to electrify a rural health centre in India: A case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2978-2983.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:78:y:2006:i:2-3:p:224-234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.