Predictors of health care utilization in the chronically ill: a review of the literature
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kempen, G.I.J.M. & Suurmeijer, Th.P.B.M., 1991. "Professional home care for the elderly: An application of the Andersen-Newman model in The Netherlands," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1081-1089, January.
- Brown, Laurie J. & Barnett, J.Ross, 1992. "Influence of bed supply and health care organization on regional and local patterns of diabetes related hospitalization," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1157-1170, November.
- Padgett, Deborah K. & Brodsky, Beth, 1992. "Psychosocial factors influencing non-urgent use of the emergency room: A review of the literature and recommendations for research and improved service delivery," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1189-1197, November.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1983:73:5:562-571_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1989:79:12:1643-1647_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mapelli, Vittorio, 1993. "Health needs, demand for health services and expenditure across social groups in Italy: An empirical investigation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 999-1009, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1990:80:3:290-294_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Illsley, Raymond, 1990. "Comparative review of sources, methodology and knowledge," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 229-236, January.
- Dutton, Diana, 1986. "Financial, organizational and professional factors affecting health care utilization," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 721-735, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Evers, Silvia & Voss, Gemma & Nieman, Fred & Ament, Andre & Groot, Tom & Lodder, Jan & Boreas, Anita & Blaauw, Gerhard, 2002. "Predicting the cost of hospital stay for stroke patients: the use of diagnosis related groups," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 21-42, July.
- Yam, Ho-Kwan & Mercer, Stewart W. & Wong, Lai-Yi & Chan, Wan-Kin & Yeoh, Eng-Kiong, 2009. "Public and private healthcare services utilization by non-institutional elderly in Hong Kong: Is the inverse care law operating?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 229-238, August.
- Tu, Feng & Anan, Makoto & Kiyohara, Yutaka & Okada, Yasushi & Nobutomo, Koichi, 2003. "Analysis of hospital charges for ischemic stroke in Fukuoka, Japan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 239-246, December.
- Lima, Viviane Dias & Kopec, Jacek A., 2005. "Quantifying the effect of health status on health care utilization using a preference-based health measure," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 515-524, February.
- Polluste, Kaja & Kalda, Ruth & Lember, Margus, 2007. "Satisfaction with the access to the health services of the people with chronic conditions in Estonia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 51-61, June.
- Davin, Bérengère & Paraponaris, Alain & Verger, Pierre, 2009. "Socioeconomic determinants of the need for personal assistance reported by community-dwelling elderly: Empirical evidence from a French national health survey," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 138-146, January.
- Luo, Juhua & Zhang, Xiulan & Jin, Chenggang & Wang, Dongmin, 2009. "Inequality of access to health care among the urban elderly in northwestern China," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(2-3), pages 111-117, December.
- Paul McNamee, 2004. "A comparison of the grade of membership measure with alternative health indicators in explaining costs for older people," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 379-395.
- Tu, Feng & Tokunaga, Shoji & Deng, ZhouLu & Nobutomo, Koichi, 2002. "Analysis of hospital charges for cerebral infarction stroke inpatients in Beijing, People's Republic of China," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 243-256, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:42:y:1997:i:2:p:101-115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.