Assignment markets with the same core
In the framework of bilateral assignment games, we study the set of matrices associated with assignment markets with the same core. We state conditions on matrix entries that ensure that the related assignment games have the same core. We prove that the set of matrices leading to the same core form a join-semilattice with a finite number of minimal elements and a unique maximum. We provide a characterization of the minimal elements. A sufficient condition under which the join-semilattice reduces to a lattice is also given.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamers, Herbert & Klijn, Flip & Solymosi, Tamas & Tijs, Stef & Pere Villar, Joan, 2002.
"Assignment Games Satisfy the CoMa-Property,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 231-239, February.
- Nunez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2003. "Characterization of the extreme core allocations of the assignment game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 311-331, August.
- Solymosi, Tamas & Raghavan, Tirukkannamangai E S, 1994. "An Algorithm for Finding the Nucleolus of Asignment Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 119-43.
- Núñez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2008.
"On the dimension of the core of the assignment game,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 290-302, September.
- Marina Nunez Oliva & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 2006. "On the dimension of the core of the assignment game," Working Papers in Economics 167, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Josep Izquierdo & Marina Núñez & Carles Rafels, 2007.
"A simple procedure to obtain the extreme core allocations of an assignment market,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 17-26, September.
- Josep Mª Izquierdo & Marina Núñez & Carles Rafels, 2006. "A Simple Procedure to Obtain the Extreme Core Allocations of an Assignment Market," Working Papers 275, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-91410 is not listed on IDEAS
- T. E. S. Raghavan & Tamás Solymosi, 2001. "Assignment games with stable core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 177-185.
- Marina Núñez, 2004. "A note on the nucleolus and the kernel of the assignment game," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 55-65, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:gamebe:v:73:y:2011:i:2:p:553-563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.