A glove-market partitioned matrix related to the assignment game
To any assignment market we associate the unique exact assignment game defined on the same set of agents and with a core that is a translation of the core of the initial market. As it happens with the core, the kernel and the nucleolus of an assignment game are proved to be the translation of the kernel and the nucleolus of its related exact assignment game by the vector of minimum core payoffs. Agents on each side of the market are classified by means of an equivalence relation and, when agents on the same class are ordered to be consecutive, the related exact assignment market is defined by a partitioned matrix, each block of the partition being a glove market.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maike Hoffmann & Peter Sudhölter, 2007. "The Shapley value of exact assignment games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 35(4), pages 557-568, April.
- Josep Izquierdo & Marina Núñez & Carles Rafels, 2007.
"A simple procedure to obtain the extreme core allocations of an assignment market,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 36(1), pages 17-26, September.
- Josep M. Izquierdo & Marina Núñez & Carles Rafels, 2006. "A Simple Procedure to Obtain the Extreme Core Allocations of an Assignment Market," Working Papers 275, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Peleg, B, 1986. "On the Reduced Game Property and Its Converse," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 15(3), pages 187-200.
- Marina Núñez & Carles Rafels, 2005. "The Böhm–Bawerk horse market: a cooperative analysis," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 33(3), pages 421-430, 09.
- T. E. S. Raghavan & Tamás Solymosi, 2001. "Assignment games with stable core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 30(2), pages 177-185.
- Leonard, Herman B, 1983. "Elicitation of Honest Preferences for the Assignment of Individuals to Positions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 461-479, June.
- Núñez, Marina & Rafels, Carles, 2008. "On the dimension of the core of the assignment game," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 290-302, September.
- Marina Nunez Oliva & Carlos Rafels Pallarola, 2006. "On the dimension of the core of the assignment game," Working Papers in Economics 167, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:gamebe:v:67:y:2009:i:2:p:598-610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.