An Experimental Study of Time-Independent and Time-Dependent Externalities in the Commons
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudia Keser & Roy Gardner, 1999.
"Strategic behavior of experienced subjects in a common pool resource game,"
International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(2), pages 241-252.
- Keser, C. & Gardner, R., 1994. "Strategic Behavior of Experienced Subjects in a Common Pool Resource Game," Papers 94-009, Indiana - Center for Econometric Model Research.
- Reinganum, Jennifer F & Stokey, Nancy L, 1985. "Oligopoly Extraction of a Common Property Natural Resource: The Importance of the Period of Commitment in Dynamic Games," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(1), pages 161-173, February.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Lewis, Tracy R, 1984. "Appropriability and the Extraction of a Common Property Resource," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 51(204), pages 393-400, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick, 2020.
"Race to burn the last ton of carbon and the risk of stranded assets,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Rick Van der Ploeg, 2017. "Race to Burn the Last Ton of Carbon and the Risk of Stranded Assets," OxCarre Working Papers 201, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Rick van der Ploeg, 2017. "Race to Burn the Last Ton of Carbon and the Risk of Stranded Assets," CESifo Working Paper Series 6793, CESifo.
- Mohr, Ernst, 1985. "Appropriation of common access natural resources through exploration: A differential game of a claiming rush," Discussion Papers, Series I 206, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Fischer, Maria-Elisabeth & Irlenbusch, Bernd & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2004.
"An intergenerational common pool resource experiment,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 811-836, September.
- Fischer, M.E. & Irlenbusch, B. & Sadrieh, A., 2003. "An Intergenerational Common Pool Resource Experiment," Discussion Paper 2003-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Fischer, M.E. & Irlenbusch, B. & Sadrieh, A., 2003. "An Intergenerational Common Pool Resource Experiment," Other publications TiSEM d6cff9ca-c087-4596-a61a-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Schnier, Kurt Erik, 2009. "Spatial externalities and the common-pool resource mechanism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 402-415, May.
- Apesteguia, Jose, 2006. "Does information matter in the commons?: Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 55-69, May.
- Anabela Botelho & Ariel Dinar & Lígia Costa Pinto & Amnon Rapoport, 2014.
"Time and uncertainty in resource dilemmas: equilibrium solutions and experimental results,"
Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 17(4), pages 649-672, December.
- Anabela Botelho & Ariel Dinar & Lígia Costa Pinto & Amnon Rapoport, 2012. "Time and Uncertainty in Resource Dilemmas: Equilibrium Solutions and Experimental Results," NIMA Working Papers 47, Núcleo de Investigação em Microeconomia Aplicada (NIMA), Universidade do Minho.
- Jongwook Kim & Joseph T. Mahoney, 2002. "Resource-based and property rights perspectives on value creation: the case of oil field unitization," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4-5), pages 225-245.
- Datta, Manjira & Mirman, Leonard J., 1999.
"Externalities, Market Power, and Resource Extraction,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 233-255, May.
- Manjira Datta & Leonard J. Mirman, "undated". "Externalities, Market Power, and Resource Extraction," Working Papers 97/12, Arizona State University, Department of Economics.
- Manjira Datta & Leonard Mirman, "undated". "Externalities, Market Power, and Resource Extraction," Working Papers 2132842, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Yohei Tenryu, 2017. "The role of the private sector under insecure property rights," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 64(3), pages 285-311, September.
- Crabbé, Philippe, 1990. "Les économistes doivent-ils se mettre au vert?," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 66(3), pages 285-304, septembre.
- Burness, H. Stuart & Brill, Thomas C., 2001. "The role for policy in common pool groundwater use," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 19-40, January.
- José Ramón Ruiz Tamarit & Manuel Sánchez Moreno, 2006. "Optimal Regulation And Growth In A Natural-Resource-Based Economy," Working Papers. Serie AD 2006-21, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Thomas, Jonathan P., 1988. "Cartel stability in an exhaustible resource model," Discussion Papers, Series II 61, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Ellis, Christopher J., 2001. "Common Pool Equities: An Arbitrage Based Non-cooperative Solution to the Common Pool Resource Problem," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 140-155, September.
- Sherzod B. Akhundjanov & Felix Muñoz-García, 2019. "Transboundary Natural Resources, Externalities, and Firm Preferences for Regulation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 73(1), pages 333-352, May.
- Tenryu, Yohei, 2013. "The Role of the Private Sector under Insecure Property Rights," MPRA Paper 74893, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 27 Oct 2016.
- Charles N. Noussair & Daan van Soest & Jan Stoop, 2015. "Cooperation in a Dynamic Fishing Game: A Framed Field Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(5), pages 408-413, May.
- Rubio, Santiago J. & Casino, Begona, 2001. "Competitive versus efficient extraction of a common property resource: The groundwater case," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1117-1137, August.
- Karp, Larry, 1992. "Social Welfare in a Common Property Oligopoly," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(2), pages 353-372, May.
- Pfeiffer, Lisa & Lin, C.-Y. Cynthia, 2012.
"Groundwater pumping and spatial externalities in agriculture,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 16-30.
- Pfeiffer, Lisa & Lin, C.Y. Cynthia, 2009. "Groundwater Pumping and Spatial Externalities in Agriculture," Working Papers 225899, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:gamebe:v:19:y:1997:i:1:p:77-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622836 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.