Commercial income and capital of hunting: an application to forest estates in Andalucía
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerry R. Livengood, 1983. "Value of Big Game from Markets for Hunting Leases: The Hedonic Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 59(3), pages 287-291.
- Knoche, Scott & Lupi, Frank, 2007. "Valuing deer hunting ecosystem services from farm landscapes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 313-320, December.
- Naevdal, Eric & Olaussen, Jon Olaf & Skonhoft, Anders, 2012. "A bioeconomic model of trophy hunting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 194-205.
- Mattias Boman & Leif Mattsson & Göran Ericsson & Bengt Kriström, 2011. "Moose Hunting Values in Sweden Now and Two Decades Ago: The Swedish Hunters Revisited," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 50(4), pages 515-530, December.
- Olaussen, Jon Olaf & Skonhoft, Anders, 2011. "A cost-benefit analysis of moose harvesting in Scandinavia. A stage structured modelling approach," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 589-611, September.
- Smart, James C.R. & White, Piran C.L. & Termansen, Mette, 2008. "Modelling conflicting objectives in the management of a mobile ecological resource: Red deer in the Scottish Highlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 881-892, February.
- Keith, John E. & Lyon, Kenneth S., 1985. "Valuing Wildlife Management: A Utah Deer Herd," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 1-7, December.
- Campos, Pablo & Daly-Hassen, Hamed & Oviedo, José L. & Ovando, Paola & Chebil, Ali, 2008. "Accounting for single and aggregated forest incomes: Application to public cork oak forests in Jerez (Spain) and Iteimia (Tunisia)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 76-86, March.
- David S. Brookshire & Larry S. Eubanks & Alan Randall, 1983. "Estimating Option Prices and Existence Values for Wildlife Resources," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 59(1), pages 1-15.
- Jon R. Miller & Michael J. Hay, 1981. "Determinants of Hunter Participation: Duck Hunting in the Mississippi Flyway," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(4), pages 677-684.
- Goio, Ilaria & Gios, Geremia & Pollini, Claudio, 2008. "The development of forest accounting in the province of Trento (Italy)," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 177-196, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Campos, Pablo & Oviedo, JosÃ© L. & Ã lvarez, Alejandro & Mesa, Bruno & CaparrÃ³s, Alejandro, 2019. "The role of non-commercial intermediate services in the valuations of ecosystem services: Application to cork oak farms in Andalusia, Spain," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 39(C).
- Martínez-Jauregui, María & Herruzo, A. Casimiro & Campos, Pablo & Soliño, Mario, 2016. "Shedding light on the self-consumption value of recreational hunting in European Mediterranean forests," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 83-89.
- Campos, Pablo & Álvarez, Alejandro & Mesa, Bruno & Oviedo, José L. & Ovando, Paola & Caparrós, Alejandro, 2020. "Total income and ecosystem service sustainability index: Accounting applications to holm oak dehesa case study in Andalusia-Spain," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
- Bowditch, Euan A.D. & McMorran, Rob & Bryce, Rosalind & Smith, Melanie, 2019. "Perception and partnership: Developing forest resilience on private estates," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 110-122.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lundhede, Thomas Hedemark & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark, 2015. "A hedonic analysis of the complex hunting experience," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 51-66.
- Häggmark-Svensson, Tobias & Elofsson, Katarina & Engelmann, Marc & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2015. "A review of the literature on benefits, costs, and policies for wildlife management," Working Paper Series 2015:1, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Stallman, Heidi R., 2011. "Ecosystem services in agriculture: Determining suitability for provision by collective management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 131-139.
- Enriquez, Aaron J. & Finnoff, David C., 2021. "Managing mortality of multi-use megafauna," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- Carole Ropars-Collet & Philippe Le Goffe, 2009. "Modèle bioéconomique appliqué à la gestion du sanglier, dégâts agricoles et prix des chasses en forêt domaniale," Post-Print hal-00730019, HAL.
- Ovando, Paola & Campos, Pablo & Oviedo, José L. & Caparrós, Alejandro, 2016. "Ecosystem accounting for measuring total income in private and public agroforestry farms," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 43-51.
- Ropars-Collet, Carole & Le Goffe, Philippe, 2009. "La gestion du sanglier : modèle bioéconomique, dégâts agricoles et prix des chasses en forêt domaniale," Working Papers 210982, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Grant G. Thompson & Lynn A. Maguire & Tracey J. Regan, 2018. "Evaluation of Two Approaches to Defining Extinction Risk under the U.S. Endangered Species Act," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(5), pages 1009-1035, May.
- MacMillan, Douglas & Hanley, Nick & Buckland, Steve, 1995. "Valuing Biodiversity Losses Due To Acid Deposition: A Contingent Valuation Study Of Uncertain Environmental Gains," Discussion Papers in Ecological Economics 140539, University of Stirling, Department of Economics.
- Hodges, Donald G. & Zadnik Stirn, Lidija & Grebner, Donald L., 2016. "Integrating ecosystem service concepts into valuation and management decisions," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 61-62.
- Aguilera, Eduardo & Díaz-Gaona, Cipriano & García-Laureano, Raquel & Reyes-Palomo, Carolina & Guzmán, Gloria I. & Ortolani, Livia & Sánchez-Rodríguez, Manuel & Rodríguez-Estévez, Vicente, 2020. "Agroecology for adaptation to climate change and resource depletion in the Mediterranean region. A review," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 181(C).
- Nunes, P.A.L.D. & Nijkamp, P., 2011. "Biodiversity: Economic perspectives," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Pablo Campos & Bruno Mesa & Alejandro Álvarez, 2021. "Pasture-Based Livestock Economics under Joint Production of Commodities and Private Amenity Self-Consumption: Testing in Large Nonindustrial Privately Owned Dehesa Case Studies in Andalusia, Spain," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-38, March.
- Thiele, R., 1996.
"Zur ökonomischen Bewertung tropischer Regenwälder,"
Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 32.
- Thiele, Rainer, 1994. "Zur ökonomischen Bewertung tropischer Regenwälder," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 1613, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Melville Saayman & Andrea Saayman, 2014. "Who is Willing to Pay to See the Big 7?," Tourism Economics, , vol. 20(6), pages 1181-1198, December.
- Carole Ropars-Collet & Philippe Le Goffe, 2009. "La gestion du sanglier : modèle bioéconomique, dégâts agricoles et prix des chasses en forêt domaniale," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 09-11, INRAE UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Pang, Arwin, 2017. "Incorporating the effect of successfully bagging big game into recreational hunting: An examination of deer, moose and elk hunting," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 12-17.
- Bender, Ruth Larson, 1984. "Habitat characteristics and pheasant hunting participation: a household production function application," ISU General Staff Papers 1984010108000017521, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Iovanna, R. & Ando, A & Swinton, S. & Kagan, J. & Hellerstein, D. & Mushet, D. & Otto, C., 2017. "Assessing Pollinator Habitat Services to Optimize Conservation Programs," C-FARE Reports 260678, Council on Food, Agricultural, and Resource Economics (C-FARE).
- John, Kun H. & Youn, Yeo C. & Shin, Joon H., 2003. "Resolving conflicting ecological and economic interests in the Korean DMZ: a valuation based approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 173-179, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEcosystem accounting; National accounting; Game; Environmental income; Environmental capital;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:forpol:v:69:y:2016:i:c:p:53-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/forpol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.