Risk aversion and optimal management of an uneven-aged forest under risk of windthrow: A Markov decision process approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hyytiainen, Kari & Penttinen, Markku, 2008. "Applying portfolio optimisation to the harvesting decisions of non-industrial private forest owners," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 151-160, January.
- Buongiorno, Joseph & Zhou, Mo, 2011. "Further generalization of Faustmann's formula for stochastic interest rates," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 248-257, August.
- Marielle Brunette & Jérôme Foncel & Nazindigouba Eric Kéré, 2014.
"Attitude towards Risk and Production Decision: An Empirical analysis on French private forest owners,"
- Marielle Brunette & Jérôme Foncel & Eric Nazindigouba Kere, 2017. "Attitude Towards Risk and Production Decision: an Empirical Analysis on French Private Forest Owners," Post-Print hal-01744533, HAL.
- Eric Nazindigouba KERE & Jérôme FONCEL & Marielle BRUNETTE, 2014. "Attitude towards Risk and Production Decision: An Empirical analysis on French private forest owners," Working Papers 201410, CERDI.
- Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Marielle Brunette & Jérôme Foncel, 2015. "Attitude towards Risk and Production Decision: An Empirical analysis on French private forest owners," Working Papers halshs-01005200, HAL.
- Zhou, Mo & Buongiorno, Joseph, 2011. "Effects of stochastic interest rates in decision making under risk: A Markov decision process model for forest management," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 402-410, June.
- Couture, Stéphane & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2011.
"Forest management under fire risk when forest carbon sequestration has value,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 2002-2011, September.
- StÃ©phane Couture & Arnaud Reynaud, 2009. "Forest Management Under Fire Risk When Forest Carbon Sequestration Has Value," LERNA Working Papers 09.09.285, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Couture, Stéphane & Reynaud, Arnaud, 2009. "Forest Management under Fire Risk when Forest Carbon Sequestration Has Value," TSE Working Papers 09-005, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Tapan Mitra & Henry Y. Wan, 1985. "Some Theoretical Results on the Economics of Forestry," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(2), pages 263-282.
- Alvarez, Luis H.R. & Koskela, Erkki, 2006.
"Does risk aversion accelerate optimal forest rotation under uncertainty?,"
Journal of Forest Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 171-184, December.
- Luis H. R. Alvarez & em. Erkki Koskela, 2004. "Does Risk Aversion Accelerate Optimal Forest Rotation under Uncertainty?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1285, CESifo Group Munich.
- Schou, Erik & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl, 2015. "Regeneration decisions in forestry under climate change related uncertainties and risks: Effects of three different aspects of uncertainty," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 11-19.
- Andersson, Mats, 2012. "Assessing non-industrial private forest owners’ attitudes to risk: Do owner and property characteristics matter?," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-13.
- Hildebrandt, Patrick & Knoke, Thomas, 2011. "Investment decisions under uncertainty--A methodological review on forest science studies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-15, January.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:201:y:2007:i:1:p:75-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ching-Rong Lin & Joseph Buongiorno, 1998. "Tree Diversity, Landscape Diversity, and Economics of Maple-Birch Forests: Implications of Markovian Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(10), pages 1351-1366, October.
- Marielle Brunette & StÃ©phane Couture & Jacques Laye, 2015.
"Optimising forest management under storm risk with a Markov decision process model,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 141-163, July.
- Marielle Brunette & Stéphane Couture & Jacques-Alexandre Laye, 2014. "Optimizing forest management under storm risk with Markov decision process model," Post-Print hal-01203830, HAL.
- Loisel, Patrice, 2014. "Impact of storm risk on Faustmann rotation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 191-198.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:220:y:2009:i:6:p:830-840 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olli Tahvonen, 2004. "Optimal Harvesting Of Forest Age Classes: A Survey Of Some Recent Results," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3-4), pages 205-232.
- V. Przyluski & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012.
"Gestion des risques naturels : Leçons de la tempête Xynthia,"
- Valentin Przyluski & Stéphane Hallegatte, 2012. "Gestion des risques naturels- Lecons de la tempête Xynthia," Post-Print hal-01079801, HAL.
- Peter Berck, 1979. "The Economics of Timber: A Renewable Resource in the Long Run," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 447-462, Autumn.
- Laurence Reeves & Robert Haight, 2000. "Timber harvest scheduling with price uncertainty using Markowitz portfolio optimization," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 95(1), pages 229-250, January.
- Salo, Seppo & Tahvonen, Olli, 2003. "On the economics of forest vintages," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1411-1435, June.
- Andersson, Mats & Gong, Peichen, 2010. "Risk preferences, risk perceptions and timber harvest decisions -- An empirical study of nonindustrial private forest owners in northern Sweden," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 330-339, June.
- L. Eeckhoudt & C. Gollier & H. Schlesinger, 2005. "Economic and financial decisions under risk," Post-Print hal-00325882, HAL.
- Nicklas Forsell & Peder Wikström & Frédérick Garcia & Régis Sabbadin & Kristina Blennow & Ljusk Eriksson, 2011. "Management of the risk of wind damage in forestry: a graph-based Markov decision process approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 190(1), pages 57-74, October.
- Seppo Salo & Olli Tahvonen, 2004. "Renewable Resources with Endogenous Age Classes and Allocation of Land," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(2), pages 513-530.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:forpol:v:99:y:2019:i:c:p:100-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:forpol:v:104:y:2019:i:c:p:65-80 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsForest management; Uneven-aged forestry; Climate change; Optimal harvesting; Single species stand; MDP;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:foreco:v:25:y:2016:i:c:p:94-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/701775/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.