Securities class actions in the US banking sector: Between investor protection and bank stability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Bank regulation and supervision: what works best?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 205-248, April.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio Jr., Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2001. "Bank regulation and supervision : what works best?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2725, The World Bank.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank Regulation and Supervision: What Works Best?," NBER Working Papers 9323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2010.
"Bank activity and funding strategies: The impact on risk and returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 626-650, December.
- Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Huizinga, H.P., 2009. "Bank Activity and Funding Strategies : The Impact on Risk and Return," Other publications TiSEM 261360c8-1275-4107-a88b-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2009. "Bank activity and funding strategies : the impact on risk and returns," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4837, The World Bank.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2009. "Bank Activity and Funding Strategies: The Impact on Risk and Return," CEPR Discussion Papers 7170, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Huizinga, H.P., 2009. "Bank Activity and Funding Strategies : The Impact on Risk and Return," Discussion Paper 2009-09, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Allen, William A. & Wood, Geoffrey, 2006. "Defining and achieving financial stability," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 152-172, June.
- Stephen J. Choi, 2007. "Do the Merits Matter Less After the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act?," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(3), pages 598-626, October.
- Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2009. "Bank governance, regulation and risk taking," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 259-275, August.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Fich, Eliezer M. & Shivdasani, Anil, 2007. "Financial fraud, director reputation, and shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 306-336, November.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Jandik, Tomas & Lawless, Robert M. & Makhija, Anil, 2007. "Derivative Lawsuits as a Corporate Governance Mechanism: Empirical Evidence on Board Changes Surrounding Filings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(1), pages 143-165, March.
- Caprio, Gerard, 2004. "Banking regulation: shadow views," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 247-249, December.
- Paul Hamalainen & Maximilian Hall & Barry Howcroft, 2005.
"A Framework for Market Discipline in Bank Regulatory Design,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1-2), pages 183-209.
- Paul Hamalainen, 2004. "Mandatory Subordinated Debt and the Corporate Governance of Banks," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 93-106, January.
- Desender, Kurt A. & Garcia-Cestona, Miguel A. & Crespi, Rafel & Aguilera, Ruth V., 2009. "Board Characteristics and Audit Fees: Why Ownership Structure Matters?," Working Papers 09-0107, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "Securities class actions, corporate governance and managerial agency problems," Research Paper 9816, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2004. "Market discipline and deposit insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 375-399, March.
- Boyd, John H. & Graham, Stanley L. & Hewitt, R. Shawn, 1993. "Bank holding company mergers with nonbank financial firms: Effects on the risk of failure," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 43-63, February.
- Marc J. K. De Ceuster & Nancy Masschelein, 2003. "Regulating Banks through Market Discipline: A Survey of the Issues," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 749-766, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akron, Sagi & Samdani, Taufique, 2017. "Investor protection and institutional investors’ incentive for information production," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-15.
- Dalla Pellegrina Lucia & Saraceno Margherita, 2011. "Securities Class Actions: A Helping Hand for Bank Regulators in Trouble?," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 214-242, July.
- Lucia Dalla Pellegrina & Margherita Saraceno, 2016. "Can Shareholder Litigation Discipline CEO Bonuses in the Financial Sector? The Role of Securities Class Actions," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 45(1), pages 3-36, February.
More about this item
KeywordsSecurities class action Bank safety Market discipline;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finsta:v:7:y:2011:i:4:p:215-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jfstabil .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.