Modelling oil and gas stock returns using multi factor asset pricing model including oil price exposure
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chou, Pin-Huang & Ho, Po-Hsin & Ko, Kuan-Cheng, 2012. "Do industries matter in explaining stock returns and asset-pricing anomalies?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 355-370.
- Melichar, Mark, 2016. "Energy price shocks and economic activity: Which energy price series should we be using?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 431-443.
- Moya-Martínez, Pablo & Ferrer-Lapeña, Román & Escribano-Sotos, Francisco, 2014. "Oil price risk in the Spanish stock market: An industry perspective," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 280-290.
- Knut Anton Mork & Oystein Olsen & Hans Terje Mysen, 1994. "Macroeconomic Responses to Oil Price Increases and Decreases in Seven OECD Countries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 19-36.
- Asteriou, Dimitrios & Bashmakova, Yuliya, 2013. "Assessing the impact of oil returns on emerging stock markets: A panel data approach for ten Central and Eastern European Countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 204-211.
- Ramos, Sofia B. & Veiga, Helena, 2011.
"Risk factors in oil and gas industry returns: International evidence,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 525-542, May.
- Veiga, Helena & Ramos, Sofia B., 2009. "Risk factors in oil and gas industry returns: international evidence," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws096920, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- David C. Broadstock, Ying Fan, Qiang Ji, and Dayong Zhang, 2016. "Shocks and Stocks: A Bottom-up Assessment of the Relationship Between Oil Prices, Gasoline Prices and the Returns of Chinese Firms," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(China Spe).
- Carhart, Mark M, 1997. "On Persistence in Mutual Fund Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 57-82, March.
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng & Yang, Li, 2013. "Oil price shocks and stock market activities: Evidence from oil-importing and oil-exporting countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1220-1239.
- Omar Mendoza & David Vera, 2010. "The Asymmetric Effects of Oil Shocks on an Oil-exporting Economy," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 47(135), pages 3-13.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal & Odusami, Babatunde, 2011. "Oil price shocks and industry stock returns," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 966-974, September.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Sharma, Susan Sunila, 2011. "New evidence on oil price and firm returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3253-3262.
- Edward R. Lawrence & John Geppert & Arun J. Prakash, 2007. "Asset pricing models: a comparison," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(11), pages 933-940.
- Mohanty, Sunil & Nandha, Mohan & Habis, Essam & Juhabi, Eid, 2014. "Oil price risk exposure: The case of the U.S. Travel and Leisure Industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 117-124.
- Alan Gregory & Rajesh Tharyan & Angela Christidis, 2013. "Constructing and Testing Alternative Versions of the Fama–French and Carhart Models in the UK," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1-2), pages 172-214, January.
- Faff, Robert W. & Brailsford, Timothy J., 1999. "Oil price risk and the Australian stock market," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 69-87, June.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- John Lintner, 1965. "Security Prices, Risk, And Maximal Gains From Diversification," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 587-615, December.
- Phan, Dinh Hoang Bach & Sharma, Susan Sunila & Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2015. "Stock return forecasting: Some new evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 38-51.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi, 2011. "Does crude oil move stock markets in Europe? A sector investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1716-1725, July.
- Phan, Dinh Hoang Bach & Sharma, Susan Sunila & Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2015.
"Oil price and stock returns of consumers and producers of crude oil,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 245-262.
- Phan, Dinh Hoang Bach & Sharma, Susan Sunila & Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2015. "Oil price and stock returns of consumers and producers of crude oil," Working Papers fe_2015_12, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- Sunil K. Mohanty & Mohan Nandha, 2011. "Oil Risk Exposure: The Case of the U.S. Oil and Gas Sector," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 165-191, February.
- Mohanty, Sunil & Nandha, Mohan & Bota, Gabor, 2010. "Oil shocks and stock returns: The case of the Central and Eastern European (CEE) oil and gas sectors," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 358-372, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salisu, Afees A. & Raheem, Ibrahim D. & Ndako, Umar B., 2019. "A sectoral analysis of asymmetric nexus between oil price and stock returns," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 241-259.
- Wei, Lu & Li, Guowen & Zhu, Xiaoqian & Sun, Xiaolei & Li, Jianping, 2019. "Developing a hierarchical system for energy corporate risk factors based on textual risk disclosures," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 452-460.
- Batten, Jonathan A. & Ciner, Cetin & Lucey, Brian M., 2017. "The dynamic linkages between crude oil and natural gas markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 155-170.
- Gogolin, Fabian & Kearney, Fearghal & Lucey, Brian M. & Peat, Maurice & Vigne, Samuel A., 2018. "Uncovering long term relationships between oil prices and the economy: A time-varying cointegration analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 584-593.
- Muhammad Surajo Sanusi, 2017. "Investigating the sources of Black’s leverage effect in oil and gas stocks," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1318812-131, January.
- Mushtaq Hussain Khan & Junaid Ahmed & Mazhar Mughal, 2020. "Oil Price Volatility and Stock Returns: Evidence from Three Oil-price Wars," PIDE-Working Papers 2020:22, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Luo, Xingguo & Qin, Shihua, 2017. "Oil price uncertainty and Chinese stock returns: New evidence from the oil volatility index," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 29-34.
- Diaz, Elena Maria & de Gracia, Fernando Perez, 2017. "Oil price shocks and stock returns of oil and gas corporations," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 75-80.
- Mohmmad Enamul Hoque & Soo Wah Low & Mohd Azlan Shah Zaidi, 2020. "Do Oil and Gas Risk Factors Matter in the Malaysian Oil and Gas Industry? A Fama-MacBeth Two Stage Panel Regression Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(5), pages 1-15, March.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset pricing model; Brent crude oil; Asymmetry in oil price; Size effect; Book to market ratio; Oil and gas sector; Oil price exposure; Structural breaks;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:18:y:2016:i:c:p:89-99. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.