Portfolio selection with conservative short-selling
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Thomas J. Brennan & Andrew W. Lo, 2010. "Impossible Frontiers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 905-923, June.
- Green, Richard C & Hollifield, Burton, 1992.
" When Will Mean-Variance Efficient Portfolios Be Well Diversified?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 47(5), pages 1785-1809, December.
- Green, R.C. & Hollifield, B., 1990. "When Will Mean-Variance Efficient Portfolios Be Well Diversified?," GSIA Working Papers 1990-12, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Best, Michael J & Grauer, Robert R, 1991. "On the Sensitivity of Mean-Variance-Efficient Portfolios to Changes in Asset Means: Some Analytical and Computational Results," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(2), pages 315-342.
- Frank Fabozzi & Dashan Huang & Guofu Zhou, 2010. "Robust portfolios: contributions from operations research and finance," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 176(1), pages 191-220, April.
- Pedro A. C. Saffi & Kari Sigurdsson, 2011. "Price Efficiency and Short Selling," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(3), pages 821-852.
- Levy, Haim, 1983. "The Capital Asset Pricing Model: Theory and Empiricism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(369), pages 145-165, March.
- Behr, Patrick & Guettler, Andre & Miebs, Felix, 2013. "On portfolio optimization: Imposing the right constraints," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1232-1242.
- Yeh, Jin-Huei & Chen, Lien-Chuan, 2014. "Stabilizing the market with short sale constraint? New evidence from price jump activities," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 238-246.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2003.
"Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1651-1684, August.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Tongshu Ma, 2002. "Risk Reduction in Large Portfolios: Why Imposing the Wrong Constraints Helps," NBER Working Papers 8922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiu, Wan-Yi & Jiang, Ching-Hai, 2016. "On the weight sign of the global minimum variance portfolio," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 241-246.
More about this item
KeywordsMean-variance portfolio selection; No short-selling constraint; Conservative short positions;
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:finlet:v:18:y:2016:i:c:p:363-369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/frl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.