To Part or Not to Part: Emigration and Inheritance Institutions in Nineteenth-Century Hesse-Cassel
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guinnane, Timothy W., 1992. "Intergenerational transfers, emigration, and the rural Irish household system," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 456-476, October.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1969.
"Distribution of Income and Wealth among Individuals,"
Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 382-397, July.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1967. "Distribution of Income and Wealth Among Individuals," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 238, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 279-288, Part II, .
- Alston, Lee J. & Schapiro, Morton Owen, 1984. "Inheritance Laws Across Colonies: Causes and Consequences," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 277-287, June.
- Pryor, Frederic L, 1973. "Simulation of the Impact of Social and Economic Institutions on the Size Distribution of Income and Wealth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 50-72, March.
- Liam Kennedy, 1991. "Farm succession in modern Ireland: elements of a theory of inheritance," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 44(3), pages 477-499, 08.
- North, Douglass C, 1994. "Economic Performance through Time," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-368, June.
- North, Douglass C., 1993. "Economic Performance through Time," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1993-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Wegge, Simone A., 1998. "Chain Migration and Information Networks: Evidence From Nineteenth-Century Hesse-Cassel," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(04), pages 957-986, December.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "A Model of Inherited Wealth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(4), pages 608-626.
- Habakkuk, H. J., 1955. "Family Structure and Economic Change in Nineteenth-Century Europe," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(01), pages 1-12, March.
- Libecap, Gary D. & Alter, George, 1982. "Agricultural productivity, partible inheritance, and the demographic response to rural poverty: An examination of the Spanish southwest," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 184-200, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)