Enhancing hydropower modeling in variable generation integration studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Qudrat-Ullah, Hassan & Seong, Baek Seo, 2010. "How to do structural validity of a system dynamics type simulation model: The case of an energy policy model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2216-2224, May.
- Jaehnert, Stefan & Wolfgang, Ove & Farahmand, Hossein & Völler, Steve & Huertas-Hernando, Daniel, 2013. "Transmission expansion planning in Northern Europe in 2030—Methodology and analyses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 125-139.
- Wolfgang, Ove & Haugstad, Arne & Mo, Birger & Gjelsvik, Anders & Wangensteen, Ivar & Doorman, Gerard, 2009. "Hydro reservoir handling in Norway before and after deregulation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1642-1651.
- Wang, K.Y. & Luo, X.J. & Wu, L. & Liu, X.C., 2013. "Optimal coordination of wind-hydro-thermal based on water complementing wind," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 169-178.
- George B. Kleindorfer & Liam O'Neill & Ram Ganeshan, 1998. "Validation in Simulation: Various Positions in the Philosophy of Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(8), pages 1087-1099, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sam Hamels, 2021. "CO 2 Intensities and Primary Energy Factors in the Future European Electricity System," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(8), pages 1-30, April.
- McPherson, Madeleine & Stoll, Brady, 2020. "Demand response for variable renewable energy integration: A proposed approach and its impacts," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 197(C).
- Tian, Chuyin & Huang, Guohe & Xie, Yulei, 2021. "Systematic evaluation for hydropower exploitation rationality in hydro-dominant area: A case study of Sichuan Province, China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 1096-1111.
- English, J. & Niet, T. & Lyseng, B. & Palmer-Wilson, K. & Keller, V. & Moazzen, I. & Pitt, L. & Wild, P. & Rowe, A., 2017. "Impact of electrical intertie capacity on carbon policy effectiveness," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 571-581.
- Pérez-Díaz, Juan I. & Jiménez, Javier, 2016. "Contribution of a pumped-storage hydropower plant to reduce the scheduling costs of an isolated power system with high wind power penetration," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 92-104.
- Gyanwali, Khem & Komiyama, Ryoichi & Fujii, Yasumasa, 2020. "Representing hydropower in the dynamic power sector model and assessing clean energy deployment in the power generation mix of Nepal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 202(C).
- Tian, Chuan Min & Jaffar, Mohd Narzam & Ramji, Harunal Rejan & Abdullah, Mohammad Omar, 2015. "Custom design of a hanging cooling water power generating system applied to a sensitive cooling water discharge weir in a seaside power plant: A challenging energy scheme," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 511-518.
- Meng, Xuejiao & Chang, Jianxia & Wang, Xuebin & Wang, Yimin, 2019. "Multi-objective hydropower station operation using an improved cuckoo search algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 425-439.
- Ahmadianfar, Iman & Kheyrandish, Ali & Jamei, Mehdi & Gharabaghi, Bahram, 2021. "Optimizing operating rules for multi-reservoir hydropower generation systems: An adaptive hybrid differential evolution algorithm," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 774-790.
- Feng, Zhong-kai & Niu, Wen-jing & Cheng, Chun-tian, 2018. "Optimization of hydropower reservoirs operation balancing generation benefit and ecological requirement with parallel multi-objective genetic algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 706-718.
- Gonzalez, Jose M. & Tomlinson, James E. & Harou, Julien J. & Martínez Ceseña, Eduardo A. & Panteli, Mathaios & Bottacin-Busolin, Andrea & Hurford, Anthony & Olivares, Marcelo A. & Siddiqui, Afzal & Er, 2020. "Spatial and sectoral benefit distribution in water-energy system design," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 269(C).
- Cristobal Gallego-Castillo & Marta Victoria, 2020. "Improving Energy Transition Analysis Tool through Hydropower Statistical Modelling," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 14(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Liu, Benxi & Liao, Shengli & Cheng, Chuntian & Chen, Fu & Li, Weidong, 2018. "Hydropower curtailment in Yunnan Province, southwestern China: Constraint analysis and suggestions," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 700-711.
- Feng, Zhong-kai & Niu, Wen-jing & Cheng, Chun-tian & Liao, Sheng-li, 2017. "Hydropower system operation optimization by discrete differential dynamic programming based on orthogonal experiment design," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 720-732.
- Dominique M. Bain & Thomas L. Acker, 2018. "Hydropower Impacts on Electrical System Production Costs in the Southwest United States," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-21, February.
- Feng, Zhong-kai & Niu, Wen-jing & Cheng, Chun-tian & Wu, Xin-yu, 2017. "Optimization of hydropower system operation by uniform dynamic programming for dimensionality reduction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 718-730.
- Parkinson, Simon C. & Makowski, Marek & Krey, Volker & Sedraoui, Khaled & Almasoud, Abdulrahman H. & Djilali, Ned, 2018. "A multi-criteria model analysis framework for assessing integrated water-energy system transformation pathways," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 477-486.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yinhe Bu & Xingping Zhang, 2021. "On the Way to Integrate Increasing Shares of Variable Renewables in China: Experience from Flexibility Modification and Deep Peak Regulation Ancillary Service Market Based on MILP-UC Programming," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(5), pages 1-22, February.
- Graabak, Ingeborg & Wu, Qiuwei & Warland, Leif & Liu, Zhaoxi, 2016. "Optimal planning of the Nordic transmission system with 100% electric vehicle penetration of passenger cars by 2050," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 648-660.
- Lund, Henrik & Mathiesen, Brian Vad, 2012. "The role of Carbon Capture and Storage in a future sustainable energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 469-476.
- Ringkjøb, Hans-Kristian & Haugan, Peter M. & Solbrekke, Ida Marie, 2018. "A review of modelling tools for energy and electricity systems with large shares of variable renewables," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 440-459.
- Seljom, Pernille & Rosenberg, Eva & Schäffer, Linn Emelie & Fodstad, Marte, 2020. "Bidirectional linkage between a long-term energy system and a short-term power market model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 198(C).
- Graabak, I. & Korpås, M. & Jaehnert, S. & Belsnes, M., 2019. "Balancing future variable wind and solar power production in Central-West Europe with Norwegian hydropower," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 870-882.
- Martínez-Gordón, R. & Morales-España, G. & Sijm, J. & Faaij, A.P.C., 2021. "A review of the role of spatial resolution in energy systems modelling: Lessons learned and applicability to the North Sea region," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 141(C).
- Wolfgang, Ove & Jaehnert, Stefan & Mo, Birger, 2015. "Methodology for forecasting in the Swedish–Norwegian market for el-certificates," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 322-333.
- Seljom, Pernille & Tomasgard, Asgeir, 2017. "The impact of policy actions and future energy prices on the cost-optimal development of the energy system in Norway and Sweden," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 85-102.
- Zakeri, Behnam & Virasjoki, Vilma & Syri, Sanna & Connolly, David & Mathiesen, Brian V. & Welsch, Manuel, 2016. "Impact of Germany's energy transition on the Nordic power market – A market-based multi-region energy system model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P3), pages 1640-1662.
- Dehghan, Hamed & Amin-Naseri, Mohammad Reza & Nahavandi, Nasim, 2021. "A system dynamics model to analyze future electricity supply and demand in Iran under alternative pricing policies," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C).
- de Queiroz, Anderson Rodrigo, 2016. "Stochastic hydro-thermal scheduling optimization: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 382-395.
- Yu, Shiwei & Wei, Yi-ming, 2012. "Prediction of China's coal production-environmental pollution based on a hybrid genetic algorithm-system dynamics model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 521-529.
- James D. A. Millington & Hang Xiong & Steve Peterson & Jeremy Woods, 2017. "Integrating Modelling Approaches for Understanding Telecoupling: Global Food Trade and Local Land Use," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-18, August.
- Torres, Juan Pablo & Barrera, Jose Ignacio & Kunc, Martin & Charters, Steve, 2021. "The dynamics of wine tourism adoption in Chile," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 474-485.
- Scott Miles, 2011. "Participatory model assessment of earthquake-induced landslide hazard models," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 56(3), pages 749-766, March.
- José D. Morcillo & Fabiola Angulo & Carlos J. Franco, 2020. "Analyzing the Hydroelectricity Variability on Power Markets from a System Dynamics and Dynamic Systems Perspective: Seasonality and ENSO Phenomenon," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(9), pages 1-25, May.
- Matthew, George Jr. & Nuttall, William J & Mestel, Ben & Dooley, Laurence S, 2017. "A dynamic simulation of low-carbon policy influences on endogenous electricity demand in an isolated island system," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 121-131.
- Hosseini, Seyed Hossein & Shakouri G., Hamed & Kazemi, Aliyeh, 2021. "Oil price future regarding unconventional oil production and its near-term deployment: A system dynamics approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 222(C).
- Farahmand, H. & Doorman, G.L., 2012. "Balancing market integration in the Northern European continent," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 316-326.
More about this item
KeywordsHydroelectric power generation; Optimization; Power system modeling; Renewable energy sources; Reservoirs;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:74:y:2014:i:c:p:518-528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Nithya Sathishkumar (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.