Enhancing hydropower modeling in variable generation integration studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Qudrat-Ullah, Hassan & Seong, Baek Seo, 2010. "How to do structural validity of a system dynamics type simulation model: The case of an energy policy model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2216-2224, May.
- Wang, K.Y. & Luo, X.J. & Wu, L. & Liu, X.C., 2013. "Optimal coordination of wind-hydro-thermal based on water complementing wind," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 169-178.
- Jaehnert, Stefan & Wolfgang, Ove & Farahmand, Hossein & Völler, Steve & Huertas-Hernando, Daniel, 2013. "Transmission expansion planning in Northern Europe in 2030—Methodology and analyses," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 125-139.
- George B. Kleindorfer & Liam O'Neill & Ram Ganeshan, 1998. "Validation in Simulation: Various Positions in the Philosophy of Science," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(8), pages 1087-1099, August.
- Wolfgang, Ove & Haugstad, Arne & Mo, Birger & Gjelsvik, Anders & Wangensteen, Ivar & Doorman, Gerard, 2009. "Hydro reservoir handling in Norway before and after deregulation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1642-1651.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McPherson, Madeleine & Stoll, Brady, 2020. "Demand response for variable renewable energy integration: A proposed approach and its impacts," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 197(C).
- English, J. & Niet, T. & Lyseng, B. & Palmer-Wilson, K. & Keller, V. & Moazzen, I. & Pitt, L. & Wild, P. & Rowe, A., 2017. "Impact of electrical intertie capacity on carbon policy effectiveness," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 571-581.
- Pérez-Díaz, Juan I. & Jiménez, Javier, 2016. "Contribution of a pumped-storage hydropower plant to reduce the scheduling costs of an isolated power system with high wind power penetration," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 92-104.
- Tian, Chuan Min & Jaffar, Mohd Narzam & Ramji, Harunal Rejan & Abdullah, Mohammad Omar, 2015. "Custom design of a hanging cooling water power generating system applied to a sensitive cooling water discharge weir in a seaside power plant: A challenging energy scheme," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 511-518.
- Meng, Xuejiao & Chang, Jianxia & Wang, Xuebin & Wang, Yimin, 2019. "Multi-objective hydropower station operation using an improved cuckoo search algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 425-439.
- Feng, Zhong-kai & Niu, Wen-jing & Cheng, Chun-tian, 2018. "Optimization of hydropower reservoirs operation balancing generation benefit and ecological requirement with parallel multi-objective genetic algorithm," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 706-718.
- Liu, Benxi & Liao, Shengli & Cheng, Chuntian & Chen, Fu & Li, Weidong, 2018. "Hydropower curtailment in Yunnan Province, southwestern China: Constraint analysis and suggestions," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 700-711.
- Feng, Zhong-kai & Niu, Wen-jing & Cheng, Chun-tian & Liao, Sheng-li, 2017. "Hydropower system operation optimization by discrete differential dynamic programming based on orthogonal experiment design," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 720-732.
- Dominique M. Bain & Thomas L. Acker, 2018. "Hydropower Impacts on Electrical System Production Costs in the Southwest United States," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-21, February.
- Feng, Zhong-kai & Niu, Wen-jing & Cheng, Chun-tian & Wu, Xin-yu, 2017. "Optimization of hydropower system operation by uniform dynamic programming for dimensionality reduction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 718-730.
- Parkinson, Simon C. & Makowski, Marek & Krey, Volker & Sedraoui, Khaled & Almasoud, Abdulrahman H. & Djilali, Ned, 2018. "A multi-criteria model analysis framework for assessing integrated water-energy system transformation pathways," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 477-486.
More about this item
KeywordsHydroelectric power generation; Optimization; Power system modeling; Renewable energy sources; Reservoirs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:74:y:2014:i:c:p:518-528. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.