Economies of scale in the Korean district heating system: A variable cost function approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elisabetta Ottoz & Marina Di Giacomo, 2012.
"Diversification strategies and scope economies: evidence from a sample of Italian regional bus transport providers,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(22), pages 2867-2880, August.
- Ottoz Elisabetta & Di Giacomo Marina, 2008. "Diversification strategies and scope economies: Evidence from a sample of Italian regional bus transport Pproviders," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200802, University of Turin.
- Elisabetta Ottoz & Marina Di Giacomo, 2011. "Diversification strategies and scope economies: Evidence from a sample of Italian regional bus transport providers," Post-Print hal-00711444, HAL.
- Munksgaard, Jesper & Pade, Lise-Lotte & Fristrup, Peter, 2005. "Efficiency gains in Danish district heating. Is there anything to learn from benchmarking?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 1986-1997, October.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Agrell, Per J. & Bogetoft, Peter, 2005.
"Economic and environmental efficiency of district heating plants,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1351-1362, July.
- AGRELL, Per J. & BOGETOF, Peter, 2005. "Economic and environment efficiency of district heating plants," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1838, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Saal David S. & Arocena Pablo & Maziotis Alexandros & Triebs Thomas, 2013.
"Scale and Scope Economies and the Efficient Vertical and Horizontal Configuration of the Water Industry: A Survey of the Literature,"
Review of Network Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 93-129, March.
- Saal, David S. & Arocena, Pablo & Maziotis, Alexandros & Triebs, Thomas, 2013. "Scale and Scope Economies and the Efficient Vertical and Horizontal Configuration of the Water Industry: A Survey of the Literature," Munich Reprints in Economics 59563, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Steven Renzetti, 1999. "Municipal Water Supply and Sewage Treatment: Costs, Prices and Distortions," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 688-704, May.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Swanson, Joseph A, 1981. "Productivity Growth, Scale Economies, and Capacity Utilization in U.S. Railroads, 1955-74," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 994-1002, December.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2007.
"Economies of Scale and Scope in Local Public Transportation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 345-361, September.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2006. "Economies of scale and scope in local public transportation," CEPE Working paper series 06-48, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Berry, Steven T, 1992. "Estimation of a Model of Entry in the Airline Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 889-917, July.
- Rita Martins & Adelino Fortunato & Fernando Coelho, 2006. "Cost Structure of the Portuguese Water Industry: a Cubic Cost Function Application," GEMF Working Papers 2006-09, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Marina Di Giacomo & Elisabetta Ottoz, 2010. "The Relevance of Scale and Scope Economies in the Provision of Urban and Intercity Bus Transport," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 44(2), pages 161-187, May.
- Loizides, John & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2002. "Productivity growth in European railways: a new approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 633-644, August.
- David Saal & David Parker & Tom Weyman-Jones, 2007. "Determining the contribution of technical change, efficiency change and scale change to productivity growth in the privatized English and Welsh water and sewerage industry: 1985–2000," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 127-139, October.
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & T. Sueyoshi, 1988. "A Goal Programming/Constrained Regression Review of the Bell System Breakup," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-676, August.
- Lygnerud, Kristina & Peltola-Ojala, Päivi, 2010. "Factors impacting district heating companies' decision to provide small house customers with heat," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 185-190, January.
- Nelson, Randy A, 1989. "On the Measurement of Capacity Utilization," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 273-286, March.
- Sjödin, Jörgen & Henning, Dag, 2004. "Calculating the marginal costs of a district-heating utility," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 1-18, May.
- Söderholm, Patrik & Wårell, Linda, 2011. "Market opening and third party access in district heating networks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 742-752, February.
- David S. Evans & James J. Heckman, 1988. "Rejoinder---Natural Monopoly and the Bell System: Response to Charnes, Cooper and Sueyoshi," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(1), pages 27-38, January.
- Torchio, Marco F. & Genon, Giuseppe & Poggio, Alberto & Poggio, Marco, 2009. "Merging of energy and environmental analyses for district heating systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 220-227.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:149:y:2018:i:c:p:105-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- Young-Sun Jeong, 2017. "Assessment of Alternative Scenarios for CO 2 Reduction Potential in the Residential Building Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-16, March.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:12:y:2019:i:8:p:1557-:d:225652 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsScale economies; District heating; Variable cost function;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:88:y:2016:i:c:p:197-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.