Quantifying the uncertainty of wave energy conversion device cost for policy appraisal: An Irish case study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Farrell, N. & O'Donoghue, C. & Morrissey, K., 2014. "Quantifying the uncertainty of wave energy conversion device cost for policy appraisal: an Irish case study," Working Papers 186383, National University of Ireland, Galway, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gass, V. & Strauss, F. & Schmidt, J. & Schmid, E., 2011. "Assessing the effect of wind power uncertainty on profitability," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2677-2683, August.
- O. Scaillet, 2004. "Nonparametric Estimation and Sensitivity Analysis of Expected Shortfall," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 115-129, January.
- Allan, Grant & Gilmartin, Michelle & McGregor, Peter & Swales, Kim, 2011. "Levelised costs of Wave and Tidal energy in the UK: Cost competitiveness and the importance of "banded" Renewables Obligation Certificates," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 23-39, January.
- Montes, German Martinez & Martin, Enrique Prados & Bayo, Javier Alegre & Garcia, Javier Ordoñez, 2011. "The applicability of computer simulation using Monte Carlo techniques in windfarm profitability analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4746-4755.
- Leete, Simeon & Xu, Jingjing & Wheeler, David, 2013. "Investment barriers and incentives for marine renewable energy in the UK: An analysis of investor preferences," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 866-875.
- Dalton, G.J. & Alcorn, R. & Lewis, T., 2010. "Case study feasibility analysis of the Pelamis wave energy convertor in Ireland, Portugal and North America," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 443-455.
- O'Connor, M. & Lewis, T. & Dalton, G., 2013. "Weather window analysis of Irish west coast wave data with relevance to operations & maintenance of marine renewables," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 57-66.
- Dunnett, David & Wallace, James S., 2009. "Electricity generation from wave power in Canada," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 179-195.
- Falconett, Irina & Nagasaka, Ken, 2010. "Comparative analysis of support mechanisms for renewable energy technologies using probability distributions," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1135-1144.
- AfDB AfDB, . "AfDB Group Annual Report 2011," Annual Report, African Development Bank, number 392.
- Junginger, M. & Faaij, A. & Turkenburg, W. C., 2005. "Global experience curves for wind farms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 133-150, January.
- Yang, Ming & Nguyen, François & De T'Serclaes, Philippine & Buchner, Barbara, 2010. "Wind farm investment risks under uncertain CDM benefit in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1436-1447, March.
- Dalton, G.J. & Alcorn, R. & Lewis, T., 2012. "A 10 year installation program for wave energy in Ireland: A case study sensitivity analysis on financial returns," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 80-89.
- Unknown, 2012. "2012 Annual Agricultural Outlook," Staff Paper Series 120986, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Pelc, Robin & Fujita, Rod M., 2002. "Renewable energy from the ocean," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 471-479, November.
- Guanche, R. & de Andrés, A.D. & Simal, P.D. & Vidal, C. & Losada, I.J., 2014. "Uncertainty analysis of wave energy farms financial indicators," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 570-580.
- O'Connor, M. & Lewis, T. & Dalton, G., 2013. "Operational expenditure costs for wave energy projects and impacts on financial returns," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1119-1131.
- Conor Devitt & Laura Malaguzzi Valeri, 2011. "The Effect of REFIT on Irish Wholesale Electricity Prices," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 42(3), pages 343-369.
- Montes, Germán Martínez & Martín, Enrique Prados, 2007. "Profitability of wind energy: Short-term risk factors and possible improvements," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(9), pages 2191-2200, December.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- Teillant, Boris & Costello, Ronan & Weber, Jochem & Ringwood, John, 2012. "Productivity and economic assessment of wave energy projects through operational simulations," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 220-230.
- AfDB AfDB, . "AfDB Group Annual Report 2011 (Arabic)," Annual Report, African Development Bank, number 394.
- O'Connor, M. & Lewis, T. & Dalton, G., 2013. "Techno-economic performance of the Pelamis P1 and Wavestar at different ratings and various locations in Europe," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 889-900.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adrian De Andres & Jéromine Maillet & Jørgen Hals Todalshaug & Patrik Möller & David Bould & Henry Jeffrey, 2016. "Techno-Economic Related Metrics for a Wave Energy Converters Feasibility Assessment," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-19, October.
- Ramos, V. & Ringwood, John V., 2016. "Exploring the utility and effectiveness of the IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) wave energy resource assessment and characterisation standard: A case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 668-682.
- Foteinis, S. & Tsoutsos, T., 2017. "Strategies to improve sustainability and offset the initial high capital expenditure of wave energy converters (WECs)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 775-785.
- John Hutcheson & Adrián De Andrés & Henry Jeffrey, 2016. "Risk vs. Reward: A Methodology to Assess Investment in Marine Energy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-44, August.
- Niall Farrell & Cathal O'Donoghue & Karyn Morrissey, 2020. "Regional income and wave energy deployment in Ireland," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(3), pages 509-531, June.
More about this item
KeywordsWave energy; Feasibility analysis; Uncertainty; Renewable energy policy appraisal; Statistical simulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:78:y:2015:i:c:p:62-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.