Wind farm investment risks under uncertain CDM benefit in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marreco, Juliana de Moraes & Carpio, Lucio Guido Tapia, 2006. "Flexibility valuation in the Brazilian power system: A real options approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3749-3756, December.
- Muller, Adrian, 2007.
"How to make the clean development mechanism sustainable--The potential of rent extraction,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3203-3212, June.
- Muller, Adrian, 2006. "How to Make the Clean Development Mechanism Sustainable - The Potential of Rent Extraction," Working Papers in Economics 214, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Lin, Tyrone T. & Ko, Chuan-Chuan & Yeh, Hsin-Ni, 2007. "Applying real options in investment decisions relating to environmental pollution," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2426-2432, April.
- Enzensberger, N. & Wietschel, M. & Rentz, O., 2002. "Policy instruments fostering wind energy projects--a multi-perspective evaluation approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 793-801, July.
- Michaelowa, Axel, 2005. "CDM: Current status and possibilities for reform," HWWI Research Papers 4-3, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Gerard H. Kuper & Daan P. van Soest, 2006. "Does Oil Price Uncertainty Affect Energy Use?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 55-78.
- Geoffrey Rothwell, 2006. "A Real Options Approach to Evaluating New Nuclear Power Plants," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 37-53.
- Laurikka, Harri, 2006. "Option value of gasification technology within an emissions trading scheme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3916-3928, December.
- Resnier, Martin & Wang, Can & Du, Pengfei & Chen, Jining, 2007. "The promotion of sustainable development in China through the optimization of a tax/subsidy plan among HFC and power generation CDM projects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4529-4544, September.
- Lewis, Joanna I. & Wiser, Ryan H., 2007. "Fostering a renewable energy technology industry: An international comparison of wind industry policy support mechanisms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1844-1857, March.
- Anger, Niels & Böhringer, Christoph & Moslener, Ulf, 2007. "Macroeconomic Impacts of the Clean Development Mechanism: The Role of Investment Barriers and Regulations," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-026, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- BRECHET, Thierry & GERMAIN, Marc & VAN STEENBERGHE, Vincent, 2004. "The Clean Development Mechanism under the Kyoto Protocol and the `low-hanging fruits' issue," CORE Discussion Papers 2004081, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Michaelowa, Axel & Jusen, Asuka & Krause, Karsten & Grimm, Bernhard & Koch, Tobias, 2000. "CDM projects in China's energy supply and demand sectors - opportunities and barriers," HWWA Discussion Papers 90, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Lema, Adrian & Ruby, Kristian, 2007. "Between fragmented authoritarianism and policy coordination: Creating a Chinese market for wind energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3879-3890, July.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Zhang, Sufang & Yang, Rui & Wang, Mei, 2012. "Constraints on the effective utilization of wind power in China: An illustration from the northeast China grid," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4508-4514.
- Zhao, Zhen-Yu & Li, Zhi-Wei & Xia, Bo, 2014. "The impact of the CDM (clean development mechanism) on the cost price of wind power electricity: A China study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 179-185.
- Zhou, Y. & Li, Y.P. & Huang, G.H., 2015. "Planning sustainable electric-power system with carbon emission abatement through CDM under uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 350-364.
- Liu, Ximei & Zeng, Ming, 2017. "Renewable energy investment risk evaluation model based on system dynamics," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 782-788.
- Petković, Dalibor & Shamshirband, Shahaboddin & Kamsin, Amirrudin & Lee, Malrey & Anicic, Obrad & Nikolić, Vlastimir, 2016. "Survey of the most influential parameters on the wind farm net present value (NPV) by adaptive neuro-fuzzy approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1270-1278.
- Jin, Xin & Zhang, Zhaolong & Shi, Xiaoqiang & Ju, Wenbin, 2014. "A review on wind power industry and corresponding insurance market in China: Current status and challenges," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 1069-1082.
- Tian Tang & David Popp, 2014. "The Learning Process and Technological Change in Wind Power: Evidence from China's CDM Wind Projects," NBER Working Papers 19921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Farrell, Niall & Donoghue, Cathal O’ & Morrissey, Karyn, 2015.
"Quantifying the uncertainty of wave energy conversion device cost for policy appraisal: An Irish case study,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 62-77.
- Farrell, N. & O'Donoghue, C. & Morrissey, K., 2014. "Quantifying the uncertainty of wave energy conversion device cost for policy appraisal: an Irish case study," Working Papers 186383, Socio-Economic Marine Research Unit, National University of Ireland, Galway.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Wang, Feng & Wang, Mei, 2012. "Large-scale utilization of wind power in China: Obstacles of conflict between market and planning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 222-232.
- Qing Pei & Lanlan Liu & David Zhang, 2013. "Carbon emission right as a new property right: rescue CDM developers in China from 2012," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 307-320, September.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:278-286 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tian Tang & David Popp, 2014. "The Learning Process and Technological Change in Wind Power: Evidence from China's CDM Wind Projects," CESifo Working Paper Series 4705, CESifo Group Munich.
- David G. Carmichael & Kjell A. Lea & Maria C. A. Balatbat, 2016. "The financial additionality and viability of CDM projects allowing for uncertainty," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 129-141, February.
- Gao, Xiaoxia & Yang, Hongxing & Lu, Lin, 2014. "Study on offshore wind power potential and wind farm optimization in Hong Kong," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 519-531.
- Xuemei Liu, 2016. "Why Has Wind Power Capacity Been Overinvested Under Uncertainty in China?," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 6, pages 1-12, February.
- Gatzert, Nadine & Kosub, Thomas, 2016. "Risks and risk management of renewable energy projects: The case of onshore and offshore wind parks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 982-998.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:180-196 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:918-926 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Xuemei, 2013. "The value of holding scarce wind resource—A cause of overinvestment in wind power capacity in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 97-100.
- Wu, Zhongqun & Sun, Hongxia & Du, Yihang, 2014. "A large amount of idle capacity under rapid expansion: Policy analysis on the dilemma of wind power utilization in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 271-277.
- Xiaogang Zhang & Dong Wang & Yuanhao Liu & Hongtao Yi, 2016. "Wind Power Development in China: An Assessment of Provincial Policies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-12, July.
- Lam, J.C.K. & Woo, C.K. & Kahrl, F. & Yu, W.K., 2013. "What moves wind energy development in China? Show me the money!," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 423-429.
- Zhao, Zhen-yu & Sun, Guang-zheng & Zuo, Jian & Zillante, George, 2013. "The impact of international forces on the Chinese wind power industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 131-141.
- Mo, Jian-Lei & Agnolucci, Paolo & Jiang, Mao-Rong & Fan, Ying, 2016. "The impact of Chinese carbon emission trading scheme (ETS) on low carbon energy (LCE) investment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 271-283.
- Gatzert, Nadine & Vogl, Nikolai, 2016. "Evaluating investments in renewable energy under policy risks," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 238-252.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate change Energy policy Wind energy economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:3:p:1436-1447. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.