The effects of environmental regulation and technical progress on CO2 Kuznets curve: An evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagner, Martin, 2008.
"The carbon Kuznets curve: A cloudy picture emitted by bad econometrics?,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 388-408, August.
- Martin Wagner & Georg Müller-Fürstenberger, 2004. "The Carbon Kuznets Curve: A Cloudy Picture Emitted by Bad Econometrics?," Diskussionsschriften dp0418, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Wagner, Martin, 2006. "The Carbon Kuznets Curve. A Cloudy Picture Emitted by Bad Econometrics?," Economics Series 197, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- CHEN Shiyi, 2009. "Engine or drag: Can high energy consumption and CO2 emission drive the sustainable development of Chinese industry?," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 4(4), pages 548-571, December.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Selden, Thomas M., 1995.
"Stoking the fires? CO2 emissions and economic growth,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 85-101, May.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Thomas M. Selden, 1992. "Stoking the Fires? Co2 Emissions and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 4248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blesl, Markus & Das, Anjana & Fahl, Ulrich & Remme, Uwe, 2007. "Role of energy efficiency standards in reducing CO2 emissions in Germany: An assessment with TIMES," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 772-785, February.
- Werner Antweiler & Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2001. "Is Free Trade Good for the Environment?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 877-908, September.
- Cole, M.A. & Rayner, A.J. & Bates, J.M., 1997. "The environmental Kuznets curve: an empirical analysis," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 401-416, November.
- Saunders, Harry D., 2000. "Does predicted rebound depend on distinguishing between energy and energy services?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 497-500, June.
- Wang, Zhao-Hua & Zeng, Hua-Lin & Wei, Yi-Ming & Zhang, Yi-Xiang, 2012.
"Regional total factor energy efficiency: An empirical analysis of industrial sector in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 115-123.
- Zhao-Hua Wang & Hua-Lin Zeng & Yi-Ming Wei & Yi-Xiang Zhang, 2011. "Regional total factor energy efficiency: An empirical analysis of industrial sector in China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 26, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Grossman, G.M & Krueger, A.B., 1991.
"Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement,"
158, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Krueger, Alan B, 1992. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," CEPR Discussion Papers 644, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," NBER Working Papers 3914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dinda, Soumyananda & Coondoo, Dipankor & Pal, Manoranjan, 2000. "Air quality and economic growth: an empirical study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 409-423, September.
- Marzio Galeotti & Alessandro Lanza, 1999.
"Desperately Seeking (Environmental) Kuznets,"
1999.2, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marzio Galeotti & Alessandro Lanza, 2000. "Desperately Seeking Environmental Kuznets," Development Working Papers 137, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- M. Galeotti & A. Lanza, 1999. "Desperately seeking (environmental) Kuznets," Working Paper CRENoS 199901, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- Sorrell, Steve & Dimitropoulos, John, 2008. "The rebound effect: Microeconomic definitions, limitations and extensions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 636-649, April.
- Zhang, Bin & Wang, Zhaohua, 2014. "Inter-firm collaborations on carbon emission reduction within industrial chains in China: Practices, drivers and effects on firms' performances," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 115-131.
- Bentzen, Jan, 2004. "Estimating the rebound effect in US manufacturing energy consumption," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 123-134, January.
- Galeotti, Marzio & Lanza, Alessandro & Pauli, Francesco, 2006. "Reassessing the environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: A robustness exercise," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 152-163, April.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- Paul, Shyamal & Bhattacharya, Rabindra Nath, 2004. "CO2 emission from energy use in India: a decomposition analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 585-593, March.
- Wang, Zhaohua & Yin, Fangchao & Zhang, Yixiang & Zhang, Xian, 2012.
"An empirical research on the influencing factors of regional CO2 emissions: Evidence from Beijing city, China,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 277-284.
- Zhaohua Wang & Fangchao Yin & Yixiang Zhang & Xian Zhang, 2011. "An empirical research on the influencing factors of regional CO2 emission: Evidence from Beijing city, China," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 28, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Smulders, J.A. & Bretschger, L., 2000.
"Explaining Environmental Kuznets Curves : How Pollution Induces Policy and New Technologies,"
2000-95, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Smulders, Sjak, 2000. "Explaining environmental Kuznets curves: How pollution induces policy and new technologies," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 12/2000, University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Jin, Sang-Hyeon, 2007. "The effectiveness of energy efficiency improvement in a developing country: Rebound effect of residential electricity use in South Korea," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5622-5629, November.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2003.
"Why did the energy intensity fall in China's industrial sector in the 1990s? The relative importance of structural change and intensity change,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 625-638, November.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2001. "Why did the energy intensity fall in China's industrial sector in the 1990s? the relative importance of structural change and intensity change," MPRA Paper 13149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaika, Dimitra & Zervas, Efthimios, 2013. "The environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) theory. Part B: Critical issues," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1403-1411.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
- Wang, Zhaohua & Zhang, Bin & Zhang, Yixiang, 2012.
"Determinants of public acceptance of tiered electricity price reform in China: Evidence from four urban cities,"
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 235-244.
- Zhaohua Wang & Bin Zhang & Yixiang Zhang, 2011. "Determinants of public acceptance of tiered electricity price reform in China: Evidence from four urban cities," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 14, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Panayotou T., 1993. "Empirical tests and policy analysis of environmental degradation at different stages of economic development," ILO Working Papers 992927783402676, International Labour Organization.
- Shafik, Nemat, 1994. "Economic Development and Environmental Quality: An Econometric Analysis," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(0), pages 757-773, Supplemen.
- Shafik, Nemat & Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit, 1992. "Economic growth and environmental quality : time series and cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 904, The World Bank.
- Tobey, James A, 1990. "The Effects of Domestic Environmental Policies on Patterns of World Trade: An Empirical Test," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 191-209.
- Moomaw, William R. & Unruh, Gregory C., 1997. "Are environmental Kuznets curves misleading us? The case of CO2 emissions," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 451-463, November.
- Munasinghe, Mohan, 1995. "Making economic growth more sustainable," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 121-124, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental regulation; Technical progress; CO2 Kuznets curve;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:77:y:2015:i:c:p:97-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.