The question of energy reduction: The problem(s) with feedback
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ueno, Tsuyoshi & Inada, Ryo & Saeki, Osamu & Tsuji, Kiichiro, 2006. "Effectiveness of an energy-consumption information system for residential buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(8), pages 868-883, August.
- Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les, 2011. "Are China's energy markets cointegrated?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 398-407, September.
- Buchanan, Kathryn & Russo, Riccardo & Anderson, Ben, 2014. "Feeding back about eco-feedback: How do consumers use and respond to energy monitors?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 138-146.
- Hengyun Ma & Les Oxley & John Gibson, 2008. "Testing for Energy Market Integration in China," Working Papers in Economics 08/12, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Ueno, Tsuyoshi & Sano, Fuminori & Saeki, Osamu & Tsuji, Kiichiro, 2006. "Effectiveness of an energy-consumption information system on energy savings in residential houses based on monitored data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 166-183, February.
- Chen, Falin & Lu, Shyi-Min & Chi-Chuan, Wang & Chang, Yi-Lin, 2008. "Promotion strategies for renewable energy in Taiwan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 1681-1691, August.
- Stefano Marmi & Claudio Pacati & Roberto RenÃ² & Wiston AdriÃ¡n Risso, 2013. "A quantitative approach to Faber's tactical asset allocation," International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1/2), pages 91-101.
- Hargreaves, Tom & Nye, Michael & Burgess, Jacquelin, 2010. "Making energy visible: A qualitative field study of how householders interact with feedback from smart energy monitors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6111-6119, October.
- Delmas, Magali A. & Fischlein, Miriam & Asensio, Omar I., 2013. "Information strategies and energy conservation behavior: A meta-analysis of experimental studies from 1975 to 2012," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 729-739.
- Ian Ayres & Sophie Raseman & Alice Shih, 2009. "Evidence from Two Large Field Experiments that Peer Comparison Feedback Can Reduce Residential Energy Usage," NBER Working Papers 15386, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elizabeth Shove, 2010. "Beyond the ABC: Climate Change Policy and Theories of Social Change," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 42(6), pages 1273-1285, June.
- Sorrell, Steve & Dimitropoulos, John & Sommerville, Matt, 2009. "Empirical estimates of the direct rebound effect: A review," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1356-1371, April.
- Raymond Li, 2011. "Energy Futures Prices And The Us Dollar Exchange Rate," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2-3), pages 62-73, September.
- Druckman, Angela & Chitnis, Mona & Sorrell, Steve & Jackson, Tim, 2011. "Missing carbon reductions? Exploring rebound and backfire effects in UK households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3572-3581, June.
- Hargreaves, Tom & Nye, Michael & Burgess, Jacquelin, 2013. "Keeping energy visible? Exploring how householders interact with feedback from smart energy monitors in the longer term," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 126-134.
- Zhao, Xiaoli & Li, Na & Ma, Chunbo, 2011. "Residential Energy Consumption in Urban China," Working Papers 117810, University of Western Australia, School of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Wang, Shujie & Yuan, Peng & Li, Dong & Jiao, Yuhe, 2011. "An overview of ocean renewable energy in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 91-111, January.
- Charles Towe & Constant I. Tra, 2013. "Vegetable Spirits and Energy Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(1), pages 1-16.
- Kempton, Willett & Layne, Linda L., 1994. "The consumer's energy analysis environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 857-866, October.
- Hong, Gui-Bing & Ma, Chih-Ming & Chen, Hua-Wei & Chuang, Kai-Jen & Chang, Chang-Tang & Su, Te-Li, 2011. "Energy flow analysis in pulp and paper industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3063-3068.
- ., 2013. "Qualitative change and quantitative growth," Chapters, in: The Rediscovery of Classical Economics, chapter 3, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kenneth W Clements & Mei Han & Callum Jones, 2008. "Report on: Mining and Energy Seminar," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 08-17, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsFeedback; Problems; In-home-displays; Smart meter initiative; UK government policy; User engagement;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:77:y:2015:i:c:p:89-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.