The relationship between agricultural technology and energy demand in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Ozkan, Burhan & Akcaoz, Handan & Fert, Cemal, 2004. "Energy input–output analysis in Turkish agriculture," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 39-51.
- Kerr, John M. & Kolavalli, Shashi, 1999. "Impact of agricultural research on poverty alleviation: conceptual framework with illustrations from the literature," EPTD discussion papers 56, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Noel Alter & Shabib Haider Syed, 2011. "An Empirical Analysis of Electricity Demand in Pakistan," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 1(4), pages 116-139.
- Nkamleu, Guy Blaise & Gokowski, Jim & Kazianga, Harounan, 2003. "Explaining The Failure Of Agricultural Production In Sub-Saharan Africa," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25872, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bonny, Sylvie, 1993. "Is agriculture using more and more energy? A French case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 51-66.
- Hatirli, Selim Adem & Ozkan, Burhan & Fert, Cemal, 2005. "An econometric analysis of energy input-output in Turkish agriculture," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 608-623, December.
- M. Ghaffar Chaudhry & Ghulam Mustafa Chaudhry & Muhammad Ali Qasim, 1996. "Growth of Output and Productivity in Pakistan’s Agriculture: Trends, Sources, and Policy Implications," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 527-536.
- Sahir, Mukhtar H. & Qureshi, Arshad H., 2007. "Specific concerns of Pakistan in the context of energy security issues and geopolitics of the region," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2031-2037, April.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1981. "Some properties of time series data and their use in econometric model specification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 121-130, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Karkacier, Osman & Gokalp Goktolga, Z. & Cicek, Adnan, 2006. "A regression analysis of the effect of energy use in agriculture," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3796-3800, December.
- Phillips, Peter C B & Ouliaris, S, 1990.
"Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 165-193, January.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Sam Ouliaris, 1987. "Asymptotic Properties of Residual Based Tests for Cointegration," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 847R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1988.
- Azhar, Rauf A, 1991. "Education and Technical Efficiency during the Green Revolution in Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(3), pages 651-665, April.
- Chang, J. & Leung, Dennis Y. C. & Wu, C. Z. & Yuan, Z. H., 2003. "A review on the energy production, consumption, and prospect of renewable energy in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 453-468, October.
- Eshya Mujahid Mukhtar & Hanid Mukhtar, 1988. "Input Use and Productivity across Farm Sizes:A Comparison of the Two Punjabst," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 27(4), pages 595-604.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khan, Muhammad Azhar & Khan, Muhammad Zahir & Zaman, Khalid & Khan, Muhammad Mushtaq & Zahoor, Hina, 2013. "RETRACTED: Causal links between greenhouse gas emissions, economic growth and energy consumption in Pakistan: A fatal disorder of society," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 166-176.
- Zhihai Yang & Dong Wang & Tianyi Du & Anlu Zhang & Yixiao Zhou, 2018. "Total-Factor Energy Efficiency in China’s Agricultural Sector: Trends, Disparities and Potentials," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-16, April.
- Perwez, Usama & Sohail, Ahmed & Hassan, Syed Fahad & Zia, Usman, 2015. "The long-term forecast of Pakistan's electricity supply and demand: An application of long range energy alternatives planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P2), pages 2423-2435.
- Zhang, XiaoHong & Pan, HengYu & Cao, Jun & Li, JinRong, 2015. "Energy consumption of China’s crop production system and the related emissions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 111-125.
- Ali, Akhter & Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Imtiaz, Muhammad, 2019. "Effects of Pakistan's energy crisis on farm households," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1-1.
- Chen, Jiandong & Cheng, Shulei & Song, Malin, 2018. "Changes in energy-related carbon dioxide emissions of the agricultural sector in China from 2005 to 2013," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 748-761.
- Dogan, Eyup & Sebri, Maamar & Turkekul, Berna, 2016. "Exploring the relationship between agricultural electricity consumption and output: New evidence from Turkish regional data," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 370-377.
- Anam Azam & Muhammad Rafiq & Muhammad Shafique & Muhammad Ateeq & Jiahai Yuan, 2020. "Causality Relationship Between Electricity Supply and Economic Growth: Evidence from Pakistan," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-20, February.
- Espinosa-Tasón, Jaime & Berbel, Julio & Gutiérrez-Martín, Carlos, 2020. "Energized water: Evolution of water-energy nexus in the Spanish irrigated agriculture, 1950–2017," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 233(C).
- Shah, Syed Hasnain & Raja, Iftikhar Ahmed & Rizwan, Muhammad & Rashid, Naim & Mahmood, Qaisar & Shah, Fayyaz Ali & Pervez, Arshid, 2018. "Potential of microalgal biodiesel production and its sustainability perspectives in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 76-92.
- Mumtaz, Rehma & Zaman, Khalid & Sajjad, Faiza & Lodhi, Muhammad Saeed & Irfan, Muhammad & Khan, Imran & Naseem, Imran, 2014. "Modeling the causal relationship between energy and growth factors: Journey towards sustainable development," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 353-365.
- Zaman, Khalid & Khan, Muhammad Mushtaq & Ahmad, Mehboob & Khilji, Bashir Ahmad, 2012. "The relationship between agricultural technologies and carbon emissions in Pakistan: Peril and promise," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1632-1639.
- Suleman Sarwar & Rida Waheed & Mehnoor Amir & Muqaddas Khalid, 2018. "Role of Energy on Economy The Case of Micro to Macro Level Analysis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(4), pages 1905-1926.
- Zaman, Khalid & Khan, Muhammad M. & Ahmad, Mehboob & Rustam, Rabiah, 2012. "Determinants of electricity consumption function in Pakistan: Old wine in a new bottle," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 623-634.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy demand; Agricultural technology; Pakistan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:44:y:2012:i:c:p:268-279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.