Reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and cost by shipping at lower speeds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fagerholt, Kjetil, 2001. "Ship scheduling with soft time windows: An optimisation based approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 131(3), pages 559-571, June.
- Faye Duchin, 2005.
"A world trade model based on comparative advantage with m regions, n goods, and k factors,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 141-162.
- Faye Duchin, 2003. "A World Trade Model Based on Comparative Advantage with m Regions, n Goods, and k Factors," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0309, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2004.
- Fagerholt, Kjetil & Lindstad, Håkon, 2000. "Optimal policies for maintaining a supply service in the Norwegian Sea," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 269-275, June.
- Anders Hammer Strømman & Faye Duchin, 2006.
"A world trade model with bilateral trade based on comparative advantage,"
Economic Systems Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 281-297.
- Anders Hammer Strømman & Faye Duchin, 2005. "A World Trade Model with Bilateral Trade Based on Comparative Advantage," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0509, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2006.
- Dan O. Bausch & Gerald G. Brown & David Ronen, 1998. "Scheduling short-term marine transport of bulk products," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 335-348, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnson, Hannes & Styhre, Linda, 2015. "Increased energy efficiency in short sea shipping through decreased time in port," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 167-178.
- Lindstad, Haakon & Asbjørnslett, Bjørn E. & Strømman, Anders H., 2012. "The importance of economies of scale for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions from shipping," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 386-398.
- Jafarzadeh, Sepideh & Utne, Ingrid Bouwer, 2014. "A framework to bridge the energy efficiency gap in shipping," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 603-612.
- Demir, Emrah & Huang, Yuan & Scholts, Sebastiaan & Van Woensel, Tom, 2015. "A selected review on the negative externalities of the freight transportation: Modeling and pricing," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 95-114.
- Bueno, Gorka, 2012. "Analysis of scenarios for the reduction of energy consumption and GHG emissions in transport in the Basque Country," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 1988-1998.
- Lindstad, Haakon Elizabeth & Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Rialland, Agathe, 2016. "Batteries in Offshore Support vessels - Pollution, climate impact and economics," Discussion Papers 2016/21, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Lindstad, Haakon & Bright, Ryan M. & Strømman, Anders H., 2016. "Economic savings linked to future Arctic shipping trade are at odds with climate change mitigation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 24-30.
- Gu, Yewen & Wallace, Stein W. & Wang, Xin, 2016. "Integrated maritime bunker management with stochastic fuel prices and new emission regulations," Discussion Papers 2016/13, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Lindstad, Haakon & Jullumstrø, Egil & Sandaas, Inge, 2013. "Reductions in cost and greenhouse gas emissions with new bulk ship designs enabled by the Panama Canal expansion," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 341-349.
- Gu, Yewen & Wallace, Stein W. & Wang, Xin, 2016. "The Impact of Bunker Risk Management on CO2 Emissions in Maritime Transportation Under ECA Regulation," Discussion Papers 2016/17, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Kreuzer, Fabian Maximilian & Wilmsmeier, Gordon, 2014. "Energy efficiency and mobility: A roadmap towards a greener economy in Latin America and the Caribbean," Documentos de Proyectos 602, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Wong, Eugene Y.C. & Tai, Allen H. & Lau, Henry Y.K. & Raman, Mardjuki, 2015. "An utility-based decision support sustainability model in slow steaming maritime operations," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 57-69.
- Meng, Ming & Niu, Dongxiao & Shang, Wei, 2014. "A small-sample hybrid model for forecasting energy-related CO2 emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 673-677.
- Ančić, Ivica & Šestan, Ante, 2015. "Influence of the required EEDI reduction factor on the CO2 emission from bulk carriers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 107-116.
- Nugent, Daniel & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2014. "Assessing the lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions from solar PV and wind energy: A critical meta-survey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 229-244.
- Lee, Tsung-Chen & Chang, Young-Tae & Lee, Paul T.W., 2013. "Economy-wide impact analysis of a carbon tax on international container shipping," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 87-102.
- Di Lullo, Giovanni & Zhang, Hao & Kumar, Amit, 2016. "Evaluation of uncertainty in the well-to-tank and combustion greenhouse gas emissions of various transportation fuels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 413-426.
- Traut, Michael & Gilbert, Paul & Walsh, Conor & Bows, Alice & Filippone, Antonio & Stansby, Peter & Wood, Ruth, 2014. "Propulsive power contribution of a kite and a Flettner rotor on selected shipping routes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 362-372.
- Dinwoodie, John & Tuck, Sarah & Rigot-Müller, Patrick, 2013. "Maritime oil freight flows to 2050: Delphi perceptions of maritime specialists," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 553-561.
- Mansouri, S. Afshin & Lee, Habin & Aluko, Oluwakayode, 2015. "Multi-objective decision support to enhance environmental sustainability in maritime shipping: A review and future directions," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 3-18.
More about this item
KeywordsMaritime transport Speed reductions Greenhouse gas emissions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:6:p:3456-3464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.