Transforming shortcomings into opportunities: Can market incentives solve Lebanon's energy crisis?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2009. "Tapping a Hidden Resource : Energy Efficiency in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17151, The World Bank.
- Karakosta, Charikleia & Doukas, Haris & John, Psarras, 2010. "EU-MENA energy technology transfer under the CDM: Israel as a frontrunner?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2455-2462, May.
- AfDB AfDB, . "Africa’s Voice and Financier," African Development Fund Series, African Development Bank, number 12 edited by Jihene Aissaoui.
- El-Fadel, M. & Chedid, R. & Zeinati, M. & Hmaidan, W., 2003. "Mitigating energy-related GHG emissions through renewable energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1257-1276.
- AfDB AfDB, . "The AfDB Group in North Africa 2009," Country Brochure, African Development Bank, number 116, September.
- Laura A German & Alain Karsenty & Anne-Marie Tiani & Carol Colfer & E Barrow & C Küchli & J Blaser & W Wardojo & JC Ribot & Chimere Diaw & P Jagger & T Blomley & H Ramadhani & Y Mkwizu & A Böhringer &, 2010. "Governing Africa's forests in a globalized world," Selected Books, CIRAD, Forest department, UPR40, edition 1, volume 1, number 15 edited by Laura A German & Alain Karsenty & Anne-Marie Tiani.
- World Bank, 2008. "Lebanon : Electricity Sector Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7990, The World Bank.
- Oecd, 2012. "Carbon finance in Africa," OECD Journal: General Papers, OECD Publishing, vol. 2010(4), pages 143-162.
- Chaaban, F B & Rahman, Saifur, 1998. "Baseline energy and electricity consumptions in Lebanon and opportunities for conservation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 487-493, May.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Journal Vol. 9," African Statistical Journal, African Development Bank, number 57 edited by Koua Louis Kouakou, March.
- World Bank, 2009. "Energy Efficiency Study in Lebanon," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12740, The World Bank.
- Reiche, Danyel, 2010. "Renewable Energy Policies in the Gulf countries: A case study of the carbon-neutral "Masdar City" in Abu Dhabi," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 378-382, January.
- AfDB AfDB, . "Africa Achieves," Africa Achieves, African Development Bank, number 6 edited by Thomas Hurley.
- John Anyanwu, . "Oil and Gas in Africa," Oil and Gas in Africa, African Development Bank, number 101 edited by John Anyanwu.
- El-Fadel, R.H. & Hammond, G.P. & Harajli, H.A. & Jones, C.I. & Kabakian, V.K. & Winnett, A.B., 2010. "The Lebanese electricity system in the context of sustainable development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 751-761, February.
- Dagher, Leila & Ruble, Isabella, 2010. "Challenges for CO2 mitigation in the Lebanese electric-power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 912-918, February.
- AfDB AfDB, . "African Statistical Yearbook 2010," African Statistical Yearbook, African Development Bank, number 59 edited by Koua Louis Kouakou.
- World Bank, 2009. "Lebanon - Social Impact Analysis : Electricity and Water Sectors," World Bank Other Operational Studies 18890, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antar, E. & Elkhoury, M., 2019. "Parametric sizing optimization process of a casing for a Savonius Vertical Axis Wind Turbine," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 127-138.
- Khodr, Hiba & Uherova Hasbani, Katarina, 2013. "The dynamics of energy policy in Lebanon when research, politics, and policy fail to intersect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 629-642.
- Ruble, Isabella & Karaki, Sami, 2013. "Introducing mandatory standards for select household appliances in Lebanon: A cost-benefit analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 608-617.
- Ibrahim, Oussama & Fardoun, Farouk & Younes, Rafic & Louahlia-Gualous, Hasna, 2013. "Energy status in Lebanon and electricity generation reform plan based on cost and pollution optimization," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 255-278.
- Ibrahim, Oussama & Fardoun, Farouk & Younes, Rafic & Louahlia-Gualous, Hasna & Ghandour, Mazen, 2013. "Multi-variable optimization for future electricity-plan scenarios in Lebanon," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 49-56.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy policy Renewable energy Energy efficiency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:5:p:2467-2474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.