Biomass gasification in cost-optimized district heating systems--A regional modelling analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marbe, Å & Harvey, S & Berntsson, T, 2004. "Biofuel gasification combined heat and power—new implementation opportunities resulting from combined supply of process steam and district heating," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1117-1137.
- Unger, Thomas & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2005. "Impacts of a common green certificate market on electricity and CO2-emission markets in the Nordic countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2152-2163, November.
- Uddin, Sk Noim & Barreto, Leonardo, 2007. "Biomass-fired cogeneration systems with CO2 capture and storage," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1006-1019.
- Azar, Christian & Lindgren, Kristian & Andersson, Bjorn A., 2003. "Global energy scenarios meeting stringent CO2 constraints--cost-effective fuel choices in the transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 961-976, August.
- Carlson, Annelie, 2003. "Energy systems and the climate dilemma: Reflecting the impact on CO2 emissions by reconstructing regional energy systems," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 951-959, August.
- Knutsson, David & Werner, Sven & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2006. "Combined heat and power in the Swedish district heating sector--impact of green certificates and CO2 trading on new investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3942-3952, December.
- Salvia, M. & Pietrapertosa, F. & Cosmi, C. & Cuomo, V. & Macchiato, M., 2004. "Approaching the Kyoto targets: a case study for Basilicata region (Italy)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 73-90, February.
- Gustavsson, Leif & Madlener, Reinhard, 2003. "CO2 mitigation costs of large-scale bioenergy technologies in competitive electricity markets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(14), pages 1405-1425.
- Hiremath, R.B. & Shikha, S. & Ravindranath, N.H., 2007. "Decentralized energy planning; modeling and application--a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 729-752, June.
- Gustavsson, L., 1997. "Energy efficiency and competitiveness of biomass-based energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 959-967.
- Gustavsson, Leif & Börjesson, Pål & Johansson, Bengt & Svenningsson, Per, 1995. "Reducing CO2 emissions by substituting biomass for fossil fuels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(11), pages 1097-1113.
- Knutsson, David & Sahlin, Jenny & Werner, Sven & Ekvall, Tomas & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2006. "HEATSPOT—a simulation tool for national district heating analyses," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 278-293.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Pettersson, Karin & Harvey, Simon, 2011. "Systems analysis of integrating biomass gasification with pulp and paper production – Effects on economic performance, CO2 emissions and energy use," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 932-941.
- Sandvall, Akram Fakhri & Börjesson, Martin & Ekvall, Tomas & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2015. "Modelling environmental and energy system impacts of large-scale excess heat utilisation – A regional case study," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 68-79.
- Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Söderström, Mats, 2010. "Biomass gasification in district heating systems - The effect of economic energy policies," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 2914-2922.
- Laurijssen, Jobien & Faaij, André & Worrell, Ernst, 2012. "Energy conversion strategies in the European paper industry – A case study in three countries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 102-113.
- Börjesson, Martin & Ahlgren, Erik O., 2012. "Cost-effective biogas utilisation – A modelling assessment of gas infrastructural options in a regional energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 212-226.
- Holmgren, Kristina M. & Berntsson, Thore S. & Andersson, Eva & Rydberg, Tomas, 2016. "Comparison of integration options for gasification-based biofuel production systems – Economic and greenhouse gas emission implications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 272-294.
- Sennai Mesfun & Jan-Olof Anderson & Kentaro Umeki & Andrea Toffolo, 2016. "Integrated SNG Production in a Typical Nordic Sawmill," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-19, April.
- Shabani, Nazanin & Akhtari, Shaghaygh & Sowlati, Taraneh, 2013. "Value chain optimization of forest biomass for bioenergy production: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 299-311.
- Sandvall, Akram Fakhri & Ahlgren, Erik O. & Ekvall, Tomas, 2016. "System profitability of excess heat utilisation – A case-based modelling analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 424-434.
- Shabani, Nazanin & Sowlati, Taraneh, 2013. "A mixed integer non-linear programming model for tactical value chain optimization of a wood biomass power plant," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 353-361.
- Forsell, Nicklas & Guerassimoff, Gilles & Athanassiadis, Dimitris & Thivolle-Casat, Alain & Lorne, Daphné & Millet, Guy & Assoumou, Edi, 2013. "Sub-national TIMES model for analyzing future regional use of biomass and biofuels in Sweden and France," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 415-426.
- Gustavsson, Leif & Truong, Nguyen Le, 2011. "Coproduction of district heat and electricity or biomotor fuels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 6263-6277.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:5:p:333:d:69263 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Leduc, Sylvain & Dotzauer, Erik & Kindermann, Georg, 2012. "Optimal localisation of biofuel production on a European scale," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 462-472.
- Hagos, Dejene Assefa & Gebremedhin, Alemayehu & Bolkesjø, Torjus Folsland, 2017. "The prospects of bioenergy in the future energy system of Inland Norway," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 78-91.
- Cansino, José M. & Pablo-Romero, María del P. & Román, Rocío & Yñiguez, Rocío, 2011. "Promoting renewable energy sources for heating and cooling in EU-27 countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3803-3812, June.
- Gebremedhin, Alemayehu, 2014. "Optimal utilisation of heat demand in district heating system—A case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 230-236.
- Tereshchenko, Tymofii & Nord, Natasa, 2016. "Energy planning of district heating for future building stock based on renewable energies and increasing supply flexibility," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1227-1244.
- Zhengfeng Zhang & Wei Zhao & Wenwu Zhao, 2014. "Commercialization Development of Crop Straw Gasification Technologies in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Cambero, Claudia & Sowlati, Taraneh, 2014. "Assessment and optimization of forest biomass supply chains from economic, social and environmental perspectives – A review of literature," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 62-73.
More about this item
KeywordsBiomass gasification MARKAL District heating;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:1:p:168-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .