Estimating rural populations without access to electricity in developing countries through night-time light satellite imagery
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nouni, M.R. & Mullick, S.C. & Kandpal, T.C., 2008. "Providing electricity access to remote areas in India: An approach towards identifying potential areas for decentralized electricity supply," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 1187-1220, June.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Jiang, Leiwen, 2008. "The household energy transition in India and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4022-4035, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahlborg, Helene & Boräng, Frida & Jagers, Sverker C. & Söderholm, Patrik, 2015. "Provision of electricity to African households: The importance of democracy and institutional quality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 125-135.
- Lu, Heli & Liu, Guifang, 2014. "Spatial effects of carbon dioxide emissions from residential energy consumption: A county-level study using enhanced nocturnal lighting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 297-306.
- World Bank, "undated". "South Asia Economic Focus, Fall 2017," World Bank Other Operational Studies 28397, The World Bank.
- Imam, M. & Jamasb, T. & Llorca, M. & Llorca, M., 2018. "Power Sector Reform and Corruption: Evidence from Electricity Industry in Sub-Saharan Africa," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1801, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1383-:d:107329 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xie, Yanhua & Weng, Qihao, 2016. "Detecting urban-scale dynamics of electricity consumption at Chinese cities using time-series DMSP-OLS (Defense Meteorological Satellite Program-Operational Linescan System) nighttime light imageries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 177-189.
- Johanna CHOUMERT & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Pierre Leonard LE ROUX, 2017.
"Stacking up the ladder: A panel data analysis of Tanzanian household energy choices,"
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes Motel & Leonard Le Roux, 2017. "Stacking up the Ladder: A Panel Data Analysis of Tanzanian Household Energy Choices," Working Papers 2017.28, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Johanna Choumert & Pascale Combes & Leonard Le Roux, 2018. "Stacking up the ladder: A panel data analysis of Tanzanian household energy choices," Working Papers halshs-01677296, HAL.
- Meng, Lina & Graus, Wina & Worrell, Ernst & Huang, Bo, 2014. "Estimating CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions at urban scales by DMSP/OLS (Defense Meteorological Satellite Program's Operational Linescan System) nighttime light imagery: Methodological challenges and a ," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 468-478.
- Bhanot, Jaya & Jha, Vivek, 2012. "Moving towards tangible decision-making tools for policy makers: Measuring and monitoring energy access provision," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(S1), pages 64-70.
- Shyu, Chian-Woei, 2012. "Rural electrification program with renewable energy sources: An analysis of China’s Township Electrification Program," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 842-853.
- Javadi, F.S. & Rismanchi, B. & Sarraf, M. & Afshar, O. & Saidur, R. & Ping, H.W. & Rahim, N.A., 2013. "Global policy of rural electrification," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 402-416.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity access Rural development Night-time light remote sensing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:10:p:5661-5670. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .