The macroeconomic effects of oil price fluctuations on a small open oil-producing country: The case of Trinidad and Tobago
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-577, Sept.-Oct.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Working Papers 1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- Ugo Fasano-Filho, 2000. "Review of the Experience with Oil Stabilization and Savings Funds in Selected Countries," IMF Working Papers 00/112, International Monetary Fund.
- John Y. Campbell, 2001.
"Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 1-43, February.
- John Y. Campbell & Martin Lettau & Burton G. Malkiel & Yexiao Xu, 2000. "Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk," NBER Working Papers 7590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malkiel, Burton & Campbell, John & Lettau, Martin & Xu, Yexiao, 2001. "Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk," Scholarly Articles 3128707, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & L tkepohl, Helmut, 2002.
"Testing For A Unit Root In A Time Series With A Level Shift At Unknown Time,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(02), pages 313-348, April.
- Saikkonen, Pentti & Lütkepohl, Helmut, 1999. "Testing for a unit root in a time series with a level shift at unknown time," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,72, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Helmut Luetkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2000. "Testing for a Unit Root in a Time Series with a Level Shift at Unknown Time," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0342, Econometric Society.
- Lutz Kilian, 2008.
"Exogenous Oil Supply Shocks: How Big Are They and How Much Do They Matter for the U.S. Economy?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 216-240, May.
- Kilian, Lutz, 2005. "Exogenous Oil Supply Shocks: How Big Are They and How Much do they Matter for the US Economy?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roy Boyd & K. Doroodian & Dennis Thornton, 2000. "The Impact of Oil Price Volatility on the Future of the U.S. Economy," Energy & Environment, , vol. 11(1), pages 25-48, January.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Trinidad and tobago; The Energy Boom and Proposals for a Sustainable Fiscal Policy," IMF Working Papers 05/197, International Monetary Fund.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Benjamin Hunt, 2006. "Oil Price Shocks and the U.S. Stagflation of the 1970s: Some Insights from GEM," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 61-80.
- Darby, Michael R, 1982.
"The Price of Oil and World Inflation and Recession,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 738-751, September.
- Michael R. Darby, 1981. "The Price of Oil and World Inflation and Recession," UCLA Economics Working Papers 228, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Rotemberg, Julio J & Woodford, Michael, 1996.
"Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 550-577, November.
- Julio J. Rotemberg & Michael Woodford, 1996. "Imperfect Competition and the Effects of Energy Price Increases on Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 5634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, James D., 2003. "What is an oil shock?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 363-398, April.
- Huang, Bwo-Nung & Hwang, M.J. & Peng, Hsiao-Ping, 2005. "The asymmetry of the impact of oil price shocks on economic activities: An application of the multivariate threshold model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 455-476, May.
- Kiseok Lee & Shawn Ni & Ronald A. Ratti, 1995. "Oil Shocks and the Macroeconomy: The Role of Price Variability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 39-56.
- Sadorsky, Perry, 1999. "Oil price shocks and stock market activity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 449-469, October.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1984. "Supply Shocks and Monetary Policy Revisited," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 38-43, May.
- Markku Lanne & Helmut Lütkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2002.
"Comparison of unit root tests for time series with level shifts,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(6), pages 667-685, November.
- Lanne, Markku & Lütkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti, 1999. "Comparison of unit root tests for time series with level shifts," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,88, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Lanne, Markku & Lütkepohl, Helmut & Saikkonen, Pentti, 2002. "Comparison of Unit Root Tests for Time Series with Level Shifts," MPRA Paper 76035, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koop, Gary & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Potter, Simon M., 1996. "Impulse response analysis in nonlinear multivariate models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 119-147, September.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak, 2001. "Estimation of direct and indirect impact of oil price on growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 147-153, November.
- Rasche, Robert H. & Tatom, John A., 1981. "Energy price shocks, aggregate supply and monetary policy: The theory and the international evidence," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 9-93, January.
- Hamilton, James D, 1983. "Oil and the Macroeconomy since World War II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(2), pages 228-248, April.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Robert Engle, 2001. "GARCH 101: The Use of ARCH/GARCH Models in Applied Econometrics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 157-168, Fall.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Robert H. Rasche & John A. Tatom, 1977. "Energy resources and potential GNP," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 10-24.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Chuanguo & Chen, Xiaoqing, 2011. "The impact of global oil price shocks on China’s stock returns: Evidence from the ARJI(-ht)-EGARCH model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 6627-6633.
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:18:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1057_s41260-016-0030-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:151:y:2018:i:c:p:402-407 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dizaji, Sajjad Faraji, 2014. "The effects of oil shocks on government expenditures and government revenues nexus (with an application to Iran's sanctions)," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 299-313.
- repec:eco:journ2:2018-06-22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sharma, Susan Sunila, 2010. "The relationship between energy and economic growth: Empirical evidence from 66 countries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(11), pages 3565-3574, November.
- Akpaeti, Aniekan Jim, 2013. "Does Financial Sector Reforms Affect Agricultural Investments In Nigeria? A Cointegration And Var Approach," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 1(2), pages 1-16, October.
- Necibi, Thameur & Issaoui, Fakhri, 2013. "The impact of oil prices on economic activity in administrated price structure: the case of Tunisia," MPRA Paper 50420, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:297-306 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heinrich Blechinger, Philipp Friedrich & Shah, Kalim U., 2011. "A multi-criteria evaluation of policy instruments for climate change mitigation in the power generation sector of Trinidad and Tobago," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6331-6343, October.
- repec:col:000442:015651 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leonardo Quero-Virla, 2016. "Macroeconomic Effects of Oil Price Fluctuations in Colombia," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 015647, Universidad EAFIT.
- Aktas, Erkan & Özenç, Çiğdem & Arıca, Feyza, 2010. "The Impact of Oil Prices in Turkey on Macroeconomics," MPRA Paper 8658, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Jun 2010.
- repec:bec:imsber:v:5:y:2013:i:1:p:65-87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elsiddig Rahma & Noel Perera & Kian Tan, 2016. "Impact of Oil Price Shocks on Sudan’s Government Budget," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 243-248.
- Özlale, Ümit & Pekkurnaz, Didem, 2010. "Oil prices and current account: A structural analysis for the Turkish economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4489-4496, August.
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:6:y:2018:i:4:p:52-:d:171410 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Chang & Sun, Xiaolei & Chen, Jianming & Li, Jianping, 2016. "Statistical properties of country risk ratings under oil price volatility: Evidence from selected oil-exporting countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 234-245.
- Soytas, Ugur & Oran, Adil, 2011. "Volatility spillover from world oil spot markets to aggregate and electricity stock index returns in Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 354-360, January.
- Priyanshi Gupta & Anurag Goyal, 2015. "Impact of oil price fluctuations on Indian economy," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 39(2), pages 141-161, June.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:975-990 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Boqiang & Wesseh, Presley K. & Appiah, Michael Owusu, 2014. "Oil price fluctuation, volatility spillover and the Ghanaian equity market: Implication for portfolio management and hedging effectiveness," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 172-182.
- Al-mulali, Usama, 2010. "The Impact of Oil Prices on the Exchange Rate and Economic Growth in Norway," MPRA Paper 24447, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pablo-Romero, María del P. & Sánchez-Braza, Antonio, 2015. "Productive energy use and economic growth: Energy, physical and human capital relationships," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 420-429.
- Iwayemi, Akin & Fowowe, Babajide, 2011. "Impact of oil price shocks on selected macroeconomic variables in Nigeria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 603-612, February.
More about this item
KeywordsOil price fluctuations Innovation accounting Trinidad and Tobago;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:37:y:2009:i:7:p:2708-2716. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.