Crude oil price fluctuations and Saudi Arabia's behaviour
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramcharran, Harri, 2002. "Oil production responses to price changes: an empirical application of the competitive model to OPEC and non-OPEC countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 97-106, March.
- A.F Alhajji & David Huettner, 2000. "OPEC and World Crude Oil Markets from 1973 to 1994: Cartel, Oligopoly, or Competitive?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 31-60.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2000.
" Scarce or Abundant? The Economics of Natural Resource Availability,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 307-335, July.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2000. "Scarce or abundant?: the economics of natural resource availability," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 18905, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1989:i:15-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Clifton T. Jones, 1990. "OPEC Behaviour Under Falling Prices: Implications For Cartel Stability," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 117-130.
- Morris A. Adelman, 1993. "Modelling World Oil Supply," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-32.
- Adelman, M. A., 1978. "Constraints on the world oil monopoly price," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-19, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 655-661, September.
- Griffin, James M, 1985. "OPEC Behavior: A Test of Alternative Hypotheses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(5), pages 954-963, December.
- Nourah A. Al-Yousef, 1998. "Economic Models of OPEC Behaviour and the Role of Saudi Arabia," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 94, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1989:i:15-16:p:19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jacques Cremer & Djavad Salehi-Isfahani, 1989. "The Rise and Fall of Oil Prices: a Competitive View," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 15-16, pages 427-454.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Carneiro, Jason Thomas Guerreiro & Machado, Giovani, 2008. "Break-even price for upstream activities in Brazil: Evaluation of the opportunity cost of oil production delay in a non-mature sedimentary production region," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 589-600.
- Farzanegan, Mohammad Reza & Raeisian Parvari, Mozhgan, 2014.
"Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and international oil prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 364-372.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan & Mozhgan Raeisian Parvari, 2014. "Iranian-Oil-Free Zone and International Oil Prices," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201427, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Ramón E. Key-Hernández & Claudina Villarroel, 2014. "Domestic impact of production cuts in OPEC countries: The cases of Nigeria and Venezuela," EcoMod2014 7007, EcoMod.
- Dagoumas, Athanasios & Perifanis, Theodosios & Polemis, Michael, 2017. "An econometric model to assess the Saudi Arabia crude oil strategy," MPRA Paper 86283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raymond Li, 2010. "The Role of OPEC in the World Oil Market," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 9(1), pages 83-85, April.
- Alessandro Cologni & Matteo Manera, 2011. "On the Economic Determinants of Oil Production. Theoretical Analysis and Empirical Evidence for Small Exporting Countries," Working Papers 2011.54, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Wirl, Franz, 2008. "Why do oil prices jump (or fall)?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1029-1043, March.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:238-246 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eco:journ2:2018-03-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mileva, Elitza & Siegfried, Nikolaus, 2012.
"Oil market structure, network effects and the choice of currency for oil invoicing,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 385-394.
- Elitza Mileva & Nikolaus Siegfried, 2007. "Oil market structure, network effects and the choice of currency for oil invoicing," Occasional Paper Series 77, European Central Bank.
- Ghassan, Hassan Belkacem & AlHajhoj, Hassan Rafdan, 2016.
"Long run dynamic volatilities between OPEC and non-OPEC crude oil prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 384-394.
- Ghassan, Hassan B. & Alhajhoj, Hassan R., 2015. "Long Run Dynamic Volatilities between OPEC and non-OPEC Crude Oil Prices," MPRA Paper 69962, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Jan 2016.
- Güntner, Jochen H.F., 2014.
"How do oil producers respond to oil demand shocks?,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-13.
- Jochen Güntner, 2013. "How do oil producers respond to oil demand shocks?," Economics working papers 2013-11, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Archanskaïa, Elizaveta & Creel, Jérôme & Hubert, Paul, 2012. "The nature of oil shocks and the global economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 509-520.
- Yves Jégourel, 2015. "Dynamique de l’offre pétrolière, stratégies d’investissement et comportements de stockage : Un état des lieux [ Oil supply dynamics, investment strategy and storage behavior: the current situation ]," Research papers & Policy papers 1514, OCP Policy Center.
- Genc, Talat S., 2017. "OPEC and demand response to crude oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 238-246.
- Gallo, Andres & Mason, Paul & Shapiro, Steve & Fabritius, Michael, 2010. "What is behind the increase in oil prices? Analyzing oil consumption and supply relationship with oil price," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 4126-4141.
- Zhang, Hai-Ying & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2015. "What drives the formation of global oil trade patterns?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 639-648.
- Pereira, Mauricio & De Miguel, Carlos J. & Ulloa, Andrés & O'Ryan, Raúl, 2009. "Síndrome holandés, regalías mineras y políticas de gobierno para un país dependiente de recursos naturales: el cobre en Chile," Medio Ambiente y Desarrollo 140, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Weijermars, Ruud, 2009. "Accelerating the three dimensions of E&P clockspeed - A novel strategy for optimizing utility in the Oil & Gas industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2222-2243, October.
- Hassan Ghassan & Prashanta Banerjee, 2015.
"A threshold cointegration analysis of asymmetric adjustment of OPEC and non-OPEC monthly crude oil prices,"
Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 305-323, August.
- Ghassan, Hassan B. & Banerjee, Prashanta K., 2013. "A Threshold Cointegration Analysis of Asymmetric Adjustment of OPEC and non-OPEC Monthly Crude Oil Prices," MPRA Paper 62168, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2014.
- Dewhurst John & Kerwat Jamal & Molana Hassan, 2010. "Viability of Keeping a Fixed Exchange Rate in an Oil Exporting Country: Some Results for Libya from a Computable General Equilibrium Model," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 5(3), pages 24-45, February.
- Cologni, Alessandro & Manera, Matteo, 2014. "On the economic determinants of oil production," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 68-79.
- Chen, Wei-Peng & Choudhry, Taufiq & Wu, Chih-Chiang, 2013. "The extreme value in crude oil and US dollar markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 191-210.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:25:y:2003:i:2:p:155-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.