Does the response of competitors to privatization announcements reflect competitive or industry-wide information effects? International evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Craig Doidge & G. Andrew Karolyi & Rene M. Stulz, 2001.
"Why are Foreign Firms Listed in the U.S. Worth More?,"
NBER Working Papers
8538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M., 2004. "Why are foreign firms listed in the U.S. worth more?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 205-238, February.
- Eckel, Catherine & Eckel, Doug & Singal, Vijay, 1997. "Privatization and efficiency: Industry effects of the sale of British Airways," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 275-298, February.
- Perotti, Enrico C, 1995. "Credible Privatization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 847-59, September.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1994. "Politicians and Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 995-1025.
- Anne Krueger, 1999. "The Developing Countries and the Next Round of Multilateral Trade Negotiations," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(7), pages 909-932, 09.
- Akhigbe, Aigbe & Martin, Anna D., 2000. "Information-signaling and competitive effects of foreign acquisitions in the US," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1307-1321, August.
- Boardman, Anthony E & Vining, Aidan R, 1989. "Ownership and Performance in Competitive Environments: A Comparison of the Performance of Private, Mixed, and State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-33, April.
- Firth, Michael, 1996. "Dividend Changes, Abnormal Returns, and Intra-lndustry Firm Valuations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 189-211, June.
- Holmstrom, B & Tirole, J, 1996.
"Private and Public Supply of Liquidity,"
96-21, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Krueger, Anne O., 1999. "Developing countries and the next round of multilateral trade negotiations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2118, The World Bank.
- Ramamurti, Ravi, 1997. "Testing the limits of privatization: Argentine railroads," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1973-1993, December.
- Megginson, William L & Nash, Robert C & van Randenborgh, Matthias, 1994. " The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: An International Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 403-52, June.
- Paul H. Malatesta & Kathryn L. DeWenter, 2001. "State-Owned and Privately Owned Firms: An Empirical Analysis of Profitability, Leverage, and Labor Intensity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 320-334, March.
- Davide Lombardo & Marco Pagano, 1999.
"Legal Determinants of the Return on Equity,"
CSEF Working Papers
24, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Dec 2000.
- Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson H. S., 2003. "China share issue privatization: the extent of its success," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 183-222, November.
- Mok, Henry M. K. & Hui, Y. V., 1998. "Underpricing and aftermarket performance of IPOs in Shanghai, China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 453-474, November.
- Song, Moon H. & Walkling, Ralph A., 2000. "Abnormal returns to rivals of acquisition targets: A test of the 'acquisition probability hypothesis'," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 143-171, February.
- Narjess Boubakri & Jean-Claude Cosset, 1998. "The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: Evidence from Developing Countries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 1081-1110, 06.
- Otchere, Isaac & Ip, Edwina, 2006. "Intra-industry effects of completed and cancelled cross border acquisitions in Australia: A test of the acquisition probability hypothesis," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 209-230, April.
- Nandini Gupta, 2005. "Partial Privatization and Firm Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 987-1015, 04.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 1999. "The Benefits of Privatization: Evidence from Mexico," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1193-1242.
- Otchere, Isaac, 2005. "Do privatized banks in middle- and low-income countries perform better than rival banks? An intra-industry analysis of bank privatization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(8-9), pages 2067-2093, August.
- Otchere, Isaac & Chan, Janus, 2003. "Intra-industry effects of bank privatization: A clinical analysis of the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 949-975, May.
- Jones, Steven L. & Megginson, William L. & Nash, Robert C. & Netter, Jeffry M., 1999. "Share issue privatizations as financial means to political and economic ends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 217-253, August.
- Bernardo Bortolotti & Marcella Fantini & Carlo Scarpa, 2000. "Why Do Governments Sell Privatised Companies Abroad?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 293, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:14:y:2007:i:4:p:523-545. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.