Scheduling electric power production at a wind farm
We present a model for scheduling power generation at a wind farm, and introduce a particle swarm optimization algorithm with a small world network structure to solve the model. The solution generated by the algorithm defines the operational status of wind turbines for a scheduling horizon selected by a decision maker. Different operational scenarios are constructed based on time series data of electricity price, grid demand, and wind speed. The computational results provide insights into management of a wind farm.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 224 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kim, Byung-In & Kim, Seongbae & Park, Junhyuk, 2012. "A school bus scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 577-585.
- Kusiak, Andrew & Zheng, Haiyang & Song, Zhe, 2009. "Models for monitoring wind farm power," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 583-590.
- Kusiak, Andrew & Zheng, Haiyang & Song, Zhe, 2009. "On-line monitoring of power curves," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1487-1493.
- Y. Petalas & K. Parsopoulos & M. Vrahatis, 2007. "Memetic particle swarm optimization," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 99-127, December.
- Kusiak, Andrew & Li, Mingyang, 2010. "Reheat optimization of the variable-air-volume box," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1997-2005.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:224:y:2013:i:1:p:227-238. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.