Approximate dynamic programming for capacity allocation in the service industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Sumeetpal S. & Tadic, Vladislav B. & Doucet, Arnaud, 2007. "A policy gradient method for semi-Markov decision processes with application to call admission control," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 178(3), pages 808-818, May.
- Vandaele, Nico & Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke & Cupers, Sascha, 2003. "Optimal grouping for a nuclear magnetic resonance scanner by means of an open queueing model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 181-192, November.
- Sabine Sickinger & Rainer Kolisch, 2009. "The performance of a generalized Bailey–Welch rule for outpatient appointment scheduling under inpatient and emergency demand," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 408-419, December.
- Gosavi, Abhijit, 2004. "Reinforcement learning for long-run average cost," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(3), pages 654-674, June.
- Tapas K. Das & Abhijit Gosavi & Sridhar Mahadevan & Nicholas Marchalleck, 1999. "Solving Semi-Markov Decision Problems Using Average Reward Reinforcement Learning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(4), pages 560-574, April.
- Yigal Gerchak & Diwakar Gupta & Mordechai Henig, 1996. "Reservation Planning for Elective Surgery Under Uncertain Demand for Emergency Surgery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(3), pages 321-334, March.
- Nan Liu & Serhan Ziya & Vidyadhar G. Kulkarni, 2010. "Dynamic Scheduling of Outpatient Appointments Under Patient No-Shows and Cancellations," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(2), pages 347-364, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qing, Qiankai & Deng, Tianhu & Wang, Hongwei, 2017. "Capacity allocation under downstream competition and bargaining," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 261(1), pages 97-107.
- Gartner, Daniel & Kolisch, Rainer, 2014. "Scheduling the hospital-wide flow of elective patients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(3), pages 689-699.
- De Vuyst, Stijn & Bruneel, Herwig & Fiems, Dieter, 2014. "Computationally efficient evaluation of appointment schedules in health care," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 1142-1154.
- Samorani, Michele & LaGanga, Linda R., 2015. "Outpatient appointment scheduling given individual day-dependent no-show predictions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(1), pages 245-257.
- Qu, Xiuli & Peng, Yidong & Shi, Jing & LaGanga, Linda, 2015. "An MDP model for walk-in patient admission management in primary care clinics," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 303-320.
- Astaraky, Davood & Patrick, Jonathan, 2015. "A simulation based approximate dynamic programming approach to multi-class, multi-resource surgical scheduling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 245(1), pages 309-319.
- Sauré, Antoine & Patrick, Jonathan & Tyldesley, Scott & Puterman, Martin L., 2012. "Dynamic multi-appointment patient scheduling for radiation therapy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 223(2), pages 573-584.
- repec:kap:hcarem:v:20:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10729-016-9354-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahmadi-Javid, Amir & Jalali, Zahra & Klassen, Kenneth J, 2017. "Outpatient appointment systems in healthcare: A review of optimization studies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(1), pages 3-34.
- Yin, Jiateng & Tang, Tao & Yang, Lixing & Gao, Ziyou & Ran, Bin, 2016. "Energy-efficient metro train rescheduling with uncertain time-variant passenger demands: An approximate dynamic programming approach," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 178-210.
- Geng, Na & Xie, Xiaolan & Jiang, Zhibin, 2013. "Implementation strategies of a contract-based MRI examination reservation process for stroke patients," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 231(2), pages 371-380.
More about this item
KeywordsCapacity allocation; Services; Health care operations; Approximate dynamic programming; Reinforcement learning; Semi-Markov decision process;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:218:y:2012:i:1:p:239-250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.