The impact of managerial and organizational aspects on hospital wards' efficiency: Evidence from a case study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Cellini & Giacomo Pignataro & Ilde Rizzo, 2000.
"Competition and Efficiency in Health Care: An Analysis of the Italian Case,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 7(4), pages 503-519, August.
- R. Cellini & G. Pignataro & I. Rizzo, 1999. "Competition and Efficiency in health care: an analysis of the Italian case," Working Papers 354, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Chilingerian, Jon A., 1995. "Evaluating physician efficiency in hospitals: A multivariate analysis of best practices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 548-574, February.
- Li, Ling & Benton, W. C., 2003. "Hospital capacity management decisions: Emphasis on cost control and quality enhancement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(3), pages 596-614, May.
- Yu, Chunyan, 1998. "The effects of exogenous variables in efficiency measurement--A monte carlo study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 569-580, March.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1994. "Comparing Equilibria," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 441-459, June.
- L. Steinmann & P. Zweifel, 2003. "On the (in)efficiency of Swiss hospitals," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 361-370.
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1970. "Toward a Theory of Nonprofit Institutions: An Economic Model of a Hospital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 64-74, March.
- Pauly, Mark V & Redisch, Michael, 1973. "The Not-For-Profit Hospital as a Physicians' Cooperative," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(1), pages 87-99, March.
- Chen, Andrew & Hwang, Yuhchang & Shao, Benjamin, 2005. "Measurement and sources of overall and input inefficiencies: Evidences and implications in hospital services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 161(2), pages 447-468, March.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kao, Ling-Jing & Lu, Chi-Jie & Chiu, Chih-Chou, 2011. "Efficiency measurement using independent component analysis and data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(2), pages 310-317, April.
- Ancarani, Alessandro & Di Mauro, Carmela & Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo & Ayach, Ali, 2016. "Technology acquisition and efficiency in Dubai hospitals," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 113(PB), pages 475-485.
- De Nicola, Arianna & Gitto, Simone & Mancuso, Paolo, 2011. "A two-stage DEA model to evaluate the efficiency of the Italian health system," MPRA Paper 39126, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:1:p:133-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cláudia Araújo & Carlos Barros & Peter Wanke, 2014. "Efficiency determinants and capacity issues in Brazilian for-profit hospitals," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 126-138, June.
- Pınar Kaya Samut & Reyhan Cafrı, 2016. "Analysis of the Efficiency Determinants of Health Systems in OECD Countries by DEA and Panel Tobit," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(1), pages 113-132, October.
- Yang, Xiaopeng & Zheng, Danheng & Sieminowski, Tammy & Paradi, Joseph C., 2015. "A dynamic benchmarking system for assessing the recovery of inpatients: Evidence from the neurorehabilitation process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 582-591.
More about this item
KeywordsOR in health services Organization Efficiency Data envelopment analysis Hospital;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:194:y:2009:i:1:p:280-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.