A hybrid genetic algorithm for multiobjective problems with activity analysis-based local search
The objective of this research was the development of a method that integrated an activity analysis model of profits from production with a biophysical model, and included the capacity for optimization over multiple objectives. We specified a hybrid genetic algorithm using activity analysis as a local search method, and NSGA-II for calculation of the multiple objective Pareto optimal set. We describe a parallel computing approach to computation of the genetic algorithm, and apply the algorithm to evaluation of an input tax to regulate pollution from agricultural production.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yun, Y. B. & Nakayama, H. & Tanino, T., 2004. "A generalized model for data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 87-105, August.
- Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf, 2002. "Two Perspectives on DEA: Unveiling the Link between CCR and Shephard," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 41-47, January.
- Merja Halme & Tarja Joro & Pekka Korhonen & Seppo Salo & Jyrki Wallenius, 1999. "A Value Efficiency Approach to Incorporating Preference Information in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(1), pages 103-115, January.
- Li, Xiao-Bai & Reeves, Gary R., 1999. "A multiple criteria approach to data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 507-517, June.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Tarja Joro & Pekka Korhonen & Jyrki Wallenius, 1998. "Structural Comparison of Data Envelopment Analysis and Multiple Objective Linear Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(7), pages 962-970, July.
- Soloveitchik, David & Ben-Aderet, Nissim & Grinman, Mira & Lotov, Alexander, 2002. "Multiobjective optimization and marginal pollution abatement cost in the electricity sector - An Israeli case study," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(3), pages 571-583, August.
- Pekka Korhonen & Mikko Syrjänen, 2004. "Resource Allocation Based on Efficiency Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(8), pages 1134-1144, August.
- Rolf Fare & Shawna Grosskopf & Gerald Whittaker, 2004. "On Value Efficiency and Data Envelopment Analysis," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 39(1), pages 81-88, January.
- Runar Brännlund & Yangho Chung & Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf, 1998. "Emissions Trading and Profitability: The Swedish Pulp and Paper Industry," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(3), pages 345-356, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:193:y:2009:i:1:p:195-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.