Learning effects on maintenance outsourcing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wang, F. -K. & Lee, W., 2001. "Learning curve analysis in total productive maintenance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 491-499, December.
- Joseph B. Mazzola & Kevin F. McCardle, 1996. "A Bayesian Approach to Managing Learning-Curve Uncertainty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(5), pages 680-692, May.
- Erica L. Plambeck & Stefanos A. Zenios, 2000. "Performance-Based Incentives in a Dynamic Principal-Agent Model," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 2(3), pages 240-263, April.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Nyarko, Yaw, 1996.
"Learning by Doing and the Choice of Technology,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1299-1310, November.
- Boyan Jovanovic & Yaw Nyarko, 1994. "Learning By Doing and the Choice of Technology," NBER Working Papers 4739, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jovanovic, B. & Nyarko, Y., 1996. "Learning by Doing and the Choice of Technology," Working Papers 96-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- James R. Dorroh & Thomas R. Gulledge & Norman K. Womer, 1994. "Investment in Knowledge: A Generalization of Learning By Experience," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(8), pages 947-958, August.
- Charles H. Fine, 1986. "Quality Improvement and Learning in Productive Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1301-1315, October.
- Chand, Suresh, 1989. "Lot sizes and setup frequency with learning in setups and process quality," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 190-202, September.
- Yu, Jun-Wu & Tian, Guo-Liang & Tang, Man-Lai, 2007. "Predictive analyses for nonhomogeneous Poisson processes with power law using Bayesian approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4254-4268, May.
- Wang, Hongzhou, 2002. "A survey of maintenance policies of deteriorating systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(3), pages 469-489, June.
- Murthy, D. N. P. & Asgharizadeh, E., 1999. "Optimal decision making in a maintenance service operation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 259-273, July.
- Linda Argote & Sara L. Beckman & Dennis Epple, 1990. "The Persistence and Transfer of Learning in Industrial Settings," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(2), pages 140-154, February.
- A. M. Spence, 1981. "The Learning Curve and Competition," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(1), pages 49-70, Spring.
- Rachamadugu, Ram & Tan, Chong Leng, 1997. "Policies for lot sizing with setup learning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 157-165, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gunasekaran, Angappa & Irani, Zahir & Choy, King-Lun & Filippi, Lionel & Papadopoulos, Thanos, 2015. "Performance measures and metrics in outsourcing decisions: A review for research and applications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 153-166.
- Womer, K. & Li, H. & Camm, J. & Osterman, C. & Radhakrishnan, R., 2017. "Learning and Bayesian updating in long cycle made-to-order (MTO) production," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 29-42.
- Tjader, Youxu Cai & Shang, Jennifer S. & Vargas, Luis G., 2010. "Offshore outsourcing decision making: A policy-maker's perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 434-444, November.
- Yamane, Yasuo & Takahashi, Katsuhiko & Hamada, Kunihiro & Morikawa, Katsumi & Nur Bahagia, Senator & Diawati, Lucia & Cakravastia, Andi, 2015. "Developing a plant system prediction model for technology transfer," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 119-128.
- Cruz, Antonio Miguel & Haugan, Gregory L. & Rincon, Adriana Maria Rios, 2014. "The effects of asset specificity on maintenance financial performance: An empirical application of Transaction Cost Theory to the medical device maintenance field," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 1037-1053.
- Berrade, M.D. & Cavalcante, Cristiano A.V. & Scarf, Philip A., 2012. "Maintenance scheduling of a protection system subject to imperfect inspection and replacement," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(3), pages 716-725.
- Lim, Wei Shi & Tan, Soo Jiuan, 2010. "Outsourcing suppliers as downstream competitors: Biting the hand that feeds," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(2), pages 360-369, June.
- Miguel Cruz, Antonio & Maria Rios Rincon, Adriana, 2012. "Medical device maintenance outsourcing: Have operation management research and management theories forgotten the medical engineering community? A mapping review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 221(1), pages 186-197.
More about this item
KeywordsMaintenance outsourcing Learning Cost subsidization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:192:y:2009:i:1:p:138-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.