Congestion network problems and related games
This paper analyzes network problems with congestion effects from a cooperative game theoretic perspective.It is shown that for network problems with convex congestion costs, the corresponding games have a non-empty core.If congestion costs are concave, then the corresponding game has not necessarily core elements, but it is derived that, contrary to the convex congestion situation, there always exist optimal tree networks.Extensions of these results to a class of relaxed network problems and associated games are derived.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matsubayashi, Nobuo & Umezawa, Masashi & Masuda, Yasushi & Nishino, Hisakazu, 2005. "A cost allocation problem arising in hub-spoke network systems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 160(3), pages 821-838, February.
- Dominique Henriet & Herve' Moulin, 1996.
"Traffic-Based Cost Allocation in a Network,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(2), pages 332-345, Summer.
- Stefano Moretti & Rodica Branzei & Henk Norde & Stef Tijs, 2004.
"The P-value for cost sharing in minimum,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 56(2_2), pages 47-61, 02.
- Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2001.
"Operations research games : A survey,"
Other publications TiSEM
755a430b-592f-400b-ba18-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Peter Borm & Herbert Hamers & Ruud Hendrickx, 2001. "Operations research games: A survey," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 9(2), pages 139-199, December.
- Feltkamp, V. & Tijs, S.H. & Muto, S., 1994. "On the irreducible core and the equal remaining obligations rule of minimum cost spanning extension problems," Discussion Paper 1994-106, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Voorneveld, M., 1999. "Potential games and interactive decisions with multiple criteria," Other publications TiSEM 29d7b372-7a4e-4db7-b66c-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Brânzei, R. & Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2003.
"The P-Value for Cost Sharing in Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Situations,"
2003-129, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Brânzei, R. & Moretti, S. & Norde, H.W. & Tijs, S.H., 2004. "The P-value for cost sharing in minimum cost spanning tree situations," Other publications TiSEM b41d77ef-69cb-4ffa-8309-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Suijs, Jeroen, 2003. "Cost allocation in spanning network enterprises with stochastic connection costs," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 156-171, January.
- Kar, Anirban, 2002. "Axiomatization of the Shapley Value on Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 265-277, February.
- Monderer, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1996. "Potential Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 124-143, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:172:y:2006:i:3:p:919-930. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.