Strategic groups based on marginal rates: An application to the Spanish banking industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- R. E. Caves & M. E. Porter, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-261.
- Prior, Diego, 2003. "Long- and short-run non-parametric cost frontier efficiency: An application to Spanish savings banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 655-671, April.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Day, Diana L. & Lewin, Arie Y. & Li, Hongyu, 1995. "Strategic leaders or strategic groups: A longitudinal data envelopment analysis of the U.S. brewing industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 619-638, February.
- Canals, Jordi, 1994. "Competitive Strategies in European Banking," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198773504.
- Grifell-Tatje, E. & Lovell, C. A. K., 1997. "The sources of productivity change in Spanish banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 364-380, April.
- Pastor, JoseManuel & Perez, Francisco & Quesada, Javier, 1997.
"Efficiency analysis in banking firms: An international comparison,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 395-407, April.
- Francisco Pérez García & Javier Quesada Ibañez & José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez, 1995. "Efficiency Analysis In Banking Firms: An International Comparison," Working Papers. Serie EC 1995-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- W. Cooper & Dr. Park & Professor Ciurana, 2000. "Marginal Rates and Elasticities of Substitution with Additive Models in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 105-123, March.
- Karel O. Cool & Dan Schendel, 1987. "Strategic Group Formation and Performance: The Case of the U.S. Pharmaceutical Industry, 1963--1982," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(9), pages 1102-1124, September.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Ohnishi, Kenji & Kinase, Youichi, 1999. "A benchmark approach for baseball evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 429-448, June.
- Dan Rosen & Claire Schaffnit & Joseph Paradi, 1998. "Marginal Rates and Two-dimensional Level Curves in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 205-232, March.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Porter, Michael E, 1979. "The Structure within Industries and Companies' Performance," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 214-227, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emili Tortosa-Ausina & Diego Prior Jiménez, 2014.
"Earnings quality and performance in the banking industry: A profit frontier approach,"
1405, Departament Empresa, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, revised Nov 2014.
- Diego Prior & Emili Tortosa-Ausina & Manuel Illueca & Mª Pilar García-Alcober, 2014. "Earnings quality and performance in the banking industry: A profit frontier approach," Working Papers 2014/11, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Epure, Mircea & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego, 2011.
"Bank productivity and performance groups: A decomposition approach based upon the Luenberger productivity indicator,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 211(3), pages 630-641, June.
- M. Epure & K. Kerstens & D. Prior, 2011. "Bank Productivity and Performance Groups: A Decomposition Approach Based upon the Luenberger Productivity Indicator," Post-Print hal-00570234, HAL.
- Paradi, Joseph C. & Zhu, Haiyan & Edelstein, Barak, 2012. "Identifying managerial groups in a large Canadian bank branch network with a DEA approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(1), pages 178-187.
- Epure, Mircea & Kerstens, Kristiaan & Prior, Diego, 2008. "Benchmarking and Total Factor Productivity: A Luenberger Decomposition within the Banking Sector," Efficiency Series Papers 2008/03, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:170:y:2006:i:1:p:293-314. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.